What's new

Tiny Brush Owners Club: TBOC

Razorock Nomad
Omega 599
Merkur 42C
Kai (7th use)
Razorock Nomad AS

A lovely shave and I even got my wife's seal of approval with a "you smell nice" 👍

IMG_20210408_184944197~2.jpg

Hi, I guess this tiny Proraso travel brush is made by Omega as all the others are. Does someone by chance know the corresponding Omega model number?

510F7B7B-6BF1-48FF-B72C-AF5411A9BAC7.jpeg

I use a Simpsons Wee Scot and should very much like to join the Tiny Brush Owners Club. I face lather using stick (Palmolive Classic), cream (Palmolive, Ingram) or bath soap (Palmolive, Savon de Marseille, Dove, Wright’s Traditional/Coal Tar or any other soap that works for shaving and is on offer). I find that the Wee Scot produces and holds oodles of lather. I am a large-handed southpaw and have never found the small size of the Wee Scot to be an impediment. The initial prickliness and badger smell of the brush, when new, soon wear off. As a lover of extremes and quirkiness, I should love to get my hands on the smaller (sadly no longer produced) Wee Scot 1 ‘Nano’. I live in the Isle of Man where Simpsons brushes are manufactured; the handles are made in one industrial unit (by just one man when I visited) and the brush construction is carried out by a team of ladies (mostly) in another.

Welcome to the TBOC, Manannan. :biggrin:

BTW, we LOVE pics. :wink2:

My Simpsons Wee Scot, travel tube (an old vitamin C tablet container), Palmolive stick and my two favourite kamis: a Tony Milton, one of a kind in Suminagashi Shiro II steel with a symmetric grind and a 43mm cutting edge, made in his forge in Cornwall, England and an Iwasaki Kobayashi tamahagane kamisori
玉鋼 小林 ㊂岩崎 (Tamahagane Kobayashi ㊂ Iwasaki) with a 35mm cutting edge.

9B069BC6-5C1E-4F07-962F-C298C07F4EAC.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Cal
Started ages ago with a Walmart Wilkinson Sword $10 brush, then a few years later upgraded to a Duke 2, and immediately thought it was just plain huge. Way too big for lathering on my face (not a small face either, lol). After a month or two of trying to like the Duke 2, I said screw it and ordered a Wee Scot.

It's been 10 years since then and the only 3 weeks in that time that I wasn't using a Wee Scot was when my apartment building burned down and I had to wait for a new Wee Scot to arrive, heh.

Seeing some of these pics of tiny Omegas is making me want to add one of those to my cabinet as well though! And one day, if possible, I kinda wanna get my hands on a Wee Scot in either Silvertip or Manchurian.

Reactions: Cal

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Just picked up this NOS boar brush, which was made in West Germany. The knot size appears to be 20-21mm. I'm wondering if it would qualify as an extra long tiny brush?

DSC_4829.png

Seeing some of these pics of tiny Omegas is making me want to add one of those to my cabinet as well though! And one day, if possible, I kinda wanna get my hands on a Wee Scot in either Silvertip or Manchurian.

Out of curiosity, I emailed Simpsons asking if they could do a Wee Scot in Manchurian or Silvertip, and the verdict is no, they can't get those materials short enough to do a Wee Scot, but they said they could do one in Super.
I'm tempted, but I don't know if I'm tempted enough, lol.

TBOC SOTD
SOTD-L-B_2021-09-17.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01 16/47
Soap: Bignoli Neutro
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT
Blade: Personna Red (9)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
I'd forgotten how fabulous my tiny Shavemac was, and my renewed ASL topped the whole thing off perfectly.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Can someone confirm that Shavemac is no longer selling knots under 20mm according to their customized configurator line? Just checked and that would appear to be the case. If so, a real bummer.

I stumbled on this thread for the first time today and thought you may enjoy seeing my collection of travel brushes.

20210917_164908[1].jpg

Most of these I made myself. The main source for 16 mm knots was TGN. I turned the tallest handle myself. The empty handle is for a future project probably for an 18 mm knot. The skinny black handled one is an AOS Temporary Brush reknoted with a TGN 16 mm Finest. The tinyest one is really tiny. Maybe 10 mm with bunny fur knot. It isn't practical, sort of like a large Q-Tip. The fattest handled one originally was a Whipped Dog 16 mm, reknotted with an 18 mm silvertip. The handle is just bigger than I want on a tiny brush. The four identical handles were from Frank Shaving when I caught him in a good mood, and are the nicest small handles I have come across. I don't use the Wee Scott much, it is just to small for my liking.

20210917_164931[1].jpg

Here they are with an accidentally purchased tiny mug.

20210917_165815[1].jpg

And here is what I'll be traveling with next week with their travel cases and a small cosmetic jar of homemade "Midsummer Night" shaving soap.

TBOC SOTD
SOTD-L-W_2021-09-25.jpg

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT
Blade: Personna Red (17)
ASL: Hogwarts Express [home brew]

(Apart from the face scratching :001_rolle) a very nice shave. :biggrin:

Having finally tamed the Mighty Midget, I thought I'd give my Wee Scot another go. I tried it when I got it yonks ago and the scritch was so pronounced that I've just left it hibernating. (I have a Simpson's Duke 2, and a Case, both in Pure which have WAY less scritch than this errant Best Badger Wee Scot.)

The Wee Scot is now my new SCRITCHMEISTER. It more than equals what my Mighty Midget was like originally (and that's saying something). That said, it's a superb performer... so I intend to brave the outrageous scritch and see if it will go like the Mighty Midget did eventually.

Obviously, if it starts to wreck my face I'll give up and bin it. I couldn't be low enough to pass it on to anyone.
The experiment begins. :devil:

Am I the only one here? :crying:

TBOC SOTD
SOTD-FBT-GT-G_2021-10-08.jpg

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Personna Red (9)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

Another great shave. :biggrin:
(Two shaves in) I'm lovin' the GFBT. :thumbsup:

That was shave Number 10 with my Wee Scot and thankfully the SCRITCH has started to die down a little. :w00t:

Top Bottom