What's new

Tiny Brush Owners Club: TBOC

Like the Wee Scott and vie long, omega and others.

I just ordered a Wee Scott and have an omega 11407 that I use for travel and I like it a lot.

Hello Rockero! I am a huge fan of my Mighty Wee Scot brush! It is my first introduction into Simpsons brushes in particular, and English brushes as a whole. I was always against buying one, because of their cost, but now I think I see why they do cost so much. Usually when I was ready for a brush in the past, I would order a few Chinese brushes on eBay. Sure, it took a few weeks for them to arrive, but they were only $7 or $8 apiece. I thought it was a waste to spend any more on a brush than that. Now I'm not sure. I do know , however, that the Mighty Wee One has the soul of a lion, and the presence of a king! And that counts for a lot. The Mighty Wee One is a fantastic brush, that can keep up with any Chinese brush I have. And surpass it performance-wise too. So here's to the Mighty Wee One, victor over the Chinese!!!

I have a number of brushes, but my Wee Scot is a must have for traveling. I picked it up at Merz Apothecary in Chicago, as had forgotten a brush, and was staying in the Palmer House.

I don't think I'll ever travel without it. If push came to shove, I could most definitely use it as my everyday brush.

My top three, though I have a certain fondness for my Plisson and S-Brush, it's the small things that matter!

$20150729_012651_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Nice picture Cash and very good info Mormon Bridge. I have also bought a couple brushes from China and Love the Wee Scott more.

looks like the making of a great new club let me know if you guys want to change the title thread to your new clubs name. Keep it going:thumbup:

Looking good up there Cash! My only other small brush is an Omega travel brush in a tube. That also is a great brush. It lives in my travel kit. I'll have to dig it out now that Im thinking about it, and give it a couple of good sniffs! You know, sort of show it some love!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Some of mine here. Not sure of the butterscotch (UK?), a Commodore X1, Omega (badger bulb reknot), Wee Scot. Am I in?

Last edited by a moderator:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438218402.102362.jpg

I'll throw mine in for consideration. This nice little brush is a Coate's "Fitzwilliam".

I received this brush in a PIF several years ago from a very generous member here on B&B. It's a great little brush! I've read that it's about the same size as a Wee Scot, but I've never had the chance to compare the two. It was my first badger brush, and I still use it quite often. I always use it while I'm on the road, and as I'm currently away from home, this little guy has been up to bat all week.

There's not much info out there on these brushes, but from what I've read they were made by Simpson and I believe they were sold as part of a travel set with other Coate's products. They were discontinued several years ago, along with the rest of the Coate's line.

In sum, it's a great brush that I really enjoy using, whether on the road or at home.

I like small brushes a lot. Possibly this is because I think I can't handle a big brush and keep soap out of my eyes, ears, nose, etc. :lol:
I like my Omega 40033s (one for travel, one for the den), my Simpson Berkeley (perfect size for travel, fits right in a pill bottle), my Omega 10066, and my WD 22/50 silvertip.

My biggest brush is a WD boar at 24/65. It feels enormous to me, but I love it. :thumbup1:

I have that omega brush that nemo has in the picture. It is the 3rd one from left to right. I bought it off a fellow member and it came in a small pill bottle. I like it a lot. I use it for travel and at home.

@-Nemo, how do you like your Commodore X1 ? I was looking at one of those in Best Badger. The price wasn't too bad, $69 on Amazon. They had the X-2 in best. @-jtillman, I like the looks of that brush. Very cool. Too bad they are discontinued.

Top Bottom