What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XII

ackvil

Moderator Emeritus
Contributor
Memo to self. Do not visit this thread first thing in the a.m. Makes me think about food all day long!

I’m 3.5 hours in on two racks of spare ribs and wrapped them about 30 mins ago. Also added a pork loin at that point. Hosting a family lunch today at 1 so I think I looking good on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m 3.5 hours in on two racks of spare ribs and wrapped them about 30 mins ago. Also added a pork loin at that point. Hosting a family lunch today at 1 so I think I looking good on time.

Spare ribs feed a lot more than baby jacks Think I made a bit too much

martym

I Leave The Toilet Seat Up.
Contributor
About to fire up the pit

Chicken legs and thighs (family packs)
A mess of sausage
8 pounds of Wagyu beef finger ribs
4 pounds of Wagyu beef sirloin fajitas
3 pounds of Wagyu beef chuck roast because they didn’t have Sirloin steak. She likes to slice these for tacos.

I am off today but have overtime tomorrow.

martym

Contributor
Without a doubt those were the best fajitas I have ever eaten and the ribs just melted in my mouth.
Fantastic
If y’all have the chance to try them; do it!!

So today I am working 10 hours of overtime on my day off so that should cover the cost.

martym

Contributor
My wife has been Jonesing for a pellet pit/smoker/grill. We’ve never had one.
She wants to be able to get home and throw on meat so that it’s not 8 or 9 by the time we finish everything.
There’s a dealer down the street that sells both Traeger and Yoder. Man they are expensive. I see overtime in my future.

My wife has been Jonesing for a pellet pit/smoker/grill. We’ve never had one.
She wants to be able to get home and throw on meat so that it’s not 8 or 9 by the time we finish everything.
There’s a dealer down the street that sells both Traeger and Yoder. Man they are expensive. I see overtime in my future.
Do yourself a favor and check out Pitboss Pellet Grills. Lowes sells them. You can get the big "Pro" series model for $599... which is very impressive. There are others models that are less money, but smaller in size. Also, you can easily get a Lowes coupon off ebay for a couple bucks which will knock the price down further.

I've owned 2 Tragers and a Pitboss. I can honestly say the new Pitboss Pellet grills are an incredible value and every bit as good as the Tragers I've owned (for much less $$).

Personally, I've sold all 3 of my Pellet grills and only own a Vision Kamado Ceramic Smoker and an old Brinkmann Offset Smoker (US-made, 1/4" steel all around). I like the old school fire-building bbq method over the digital approach... but that's just me. If you want quick, easy, minimal mess... get a pellet grill!

Top Bottom