What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XII

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
20201017_174914.jpg

20201017_174921.jpg

I’m 3.5 hours in on two racks of spare ribs and wrapped them about 30 mins ago. Also added a pork loin at that point. Hosting a family lunch today at 1 so I think I looking good on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m 3.5 hours in on two racks of spare ribs and wrapped them about 30 mins ago. Also added a pork loin at that point. Hosting a family lunch today at 1 so I think I looking good on time.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Spare ribs feed a lot more than baby jacks [emoji38] Think I made a bit too much

pork butt or rib roast..... hmmm ......got the room might as well cook both:drool:

Attachments

• BB8F166B-F334-4ED0-B1DD-16BFE9D27428.jpeg
    BB8F166B-F334-4ED0-B1DD-16BFE9D27428.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 330C7B36-4019-41C0-8600-02BA1A845151.jpeg
    330C7B36-4019-41C0-8600-02BA1A845151.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 937B2F14-9ACD-464B-BB9B-A4AECAEF3642.jpeg
    937B2F14-9ACD-464B-BB9B-A4AECAEF3642.jpeg
    964.6 KB · Views: 10

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
About to fire up the pit

Chicken legs and thighs (family packs)
A mess of sausage
8 pounds of Wagyu beef finger ribs
4 pounds of Wagyu beef sirloin fajitas
3 pounds of Wagyu beef chuck roast because they didn’t have Sirloin steak. She likes to slice these for tacos.

I am off today but have overtime tomorrow.

martym

Without a doubt those were the best fajitas I have ever eaten and the ribs just melted in my mouth.
Fantastic
If y’all have the chance to try them; do it!!

So today I am working 10 hours of overtime on my day off so that should cover the cost.

martym

My wife has been Jonesing for a pellet pit/smoker/grill. We’ve never had one.
She wants to be able to get home and throw on meat so that it’s not 8 or 9 by the time we finish everything.
There’s a dealer down the street that sells both Traeger and Yoder. Man they are expensive. I see overtime in my future.

My wife has been Jonesing for a pellet pit/smoker/grill. We’ve never had one.
She wants to be able to get home and throw on meat so that it’s not 8 or 9 by the time we finish everything.
There’s a dealer down the street that sells both Traeger and Yoder. Man they are expensive. I see overtime in my future.

Do yourself a favor and check out Pitboss Pellet Grills. Lowes sells them. You can get the big "Pro" series model for $599... which is very impressive. There are others models that are less money, but smaller in size. Also, you can easily get a Lowes coupon off ebay for a couple bucks which will knock the price down further.

I've owned 2 Tragers and a Pitboss. I can honestly say the new Pitboss Pellet grills are an incredible value and every bit as good as the Tragers I've owned (for much less $$).

Personally, I've sold all 3 of my Pellet grills and only own a Vision Kamado Ceramic Smoker and an old Brinkmann Offset Smoker (US-made, 1/4" steel all around). I like the old school fire-building bbq method over the digital approach... but that's just me. If you want quick, easy, minimal mess... get a pellet grill!

Top Bottom