What's new

THE THIN BLUE SMOKE THREAD XII

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Now that the house has been paid off, I haven’t needed the extra pay. It would be nice, but I like time at home better. I work second shift, and just 3 years ago my company finally decided to add our differential pay (10% in my case) during vacations, too. It took them long enough.
Our differential pay is significant but no longer needed. 15% evenings, 20% nights , and time and a half on Sundays.
When I 1st started journeyman were GS 9’s and now a journeyman is a GS 12.
I really love my time at home but I am just not ready yet to retire.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Our differential pay is significant but no longer needed. 15% evenings, 20% nights , and time and a half on Sundays.
When I 1st started journeyman were GS 9’s and now a journeyman is a GS 12.
I really love my time at home but I am just not ready yet to retire.
I am ready to retire right now, at least mentally. :)

New Smoker Day!

Primo Oval 400XL

It will replace my older Vision Kamado.

I’ve only done burgers on it so far, but a big brisket is definitely going on soon!

Did I mention it weighs a ton?!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
New Smoker Day!

Primo Oval 400XL

It will replace my older Vision Kamado.

I’ve only done burgers on it so far, but a big brisket is definitely going on soon!

Did I mention it weighs a ton?!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Christmas has come early for you. Count your cooking blessings. Can't wait to see your brisket.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Saturday is my father’s 83rd birthday. They have stayed at home (isolated) for the last two weeks so they could come stay with us Christmas and New Years. We ordered their dinners every night and had groceries delivered to them or took stuff to their home. They live about 35 miles from us.
Christmas will be fajitas.
For Dad’s birthday we are having New York Strips. I bought them this evening. They were/are beautiful. The butcher cut and trimmed them. Then he trimmed out the fajitas.
Pictures will come on Friday and Saturday.

Saturday is my father’s 83rd birthday. They have stayed at home (isolated) for the last two weeks so they could come stay with us Christmas and New Years. We ordered their dinners every night and had groceries delivered to them or took stuff to their home. They live about 35 miles from us.
Christmas will be fajitas.
For Dad’s birthday we are having New York Strips. I bought them this evening. They were/are beautiful. The butcher cut and trimmed them. Then he trimmed out the fajitas.
Pictures will come on Friday and Saturday.

Have a wonderful time, Marty.

Top Bottom