What's new

The Journal of a Backwards Professor

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I needed a desk for the inside of my new Tuff Shed, and my Dad's old desk will suit just fine until I have time to restore it.
20230303_211430.jpg

I found this inside of one of the top drawers with my name on it.
20230303_211312.jpg

Something tells me it has been in that drawer for a long time!
20230303_211250.jpg

:cheerful:Now that I have my Official Documentation of Graduation I can put my desk where it will get some use.:cheerful:
20230307_155811.jpg

Tunes courtesy of my old Blaupunkt car stereo I had in my 1965 Mustang.

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
20230308_111750[1].jpg

My old 1968 Schwinn Varsity has been sitting in storage even longer than my 'stang, so I decided to see if the tires would even hold air, and to my surprise they did!
Not only that the gear shifters and brakes still worked, although a bit balky, so I took it out for quick ride ride up and down the street, that turned into a three mile ride, and realized why I have kept it for so long. With no oil or any cleanup whatsoever, it still rode like a dream.
Granted, the tires really, really need replacing, but with a few squirts of WD40 everything spins and moves freely, and I took it out for another three mile ride....

I had thought of replacing the rims that I hand laced myself 40+ years ago, (the back wheel is a 5 cross and the front is a 4 cross), and repainting it, but it rides so nice the way it is, all it's gonna get is new tires and tubes!!!

Anybody know where I can find a set of Schwinn La-Tour tires?
20230308_111728[1].jpg

It's a classic.

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
FFFMM
Thursday SOTD

Razor:
Blackbird Lite SS and SR-36 Bronze handle
Blade: Personna (4)
Brush: Semogue Torga Mistura C3
Soap: Zingari Man the Wanderer
ASL: Pinaud Classic Vanilla
20230309_173119[1].jpg

Tonight was another early evening shave, all ATG mostly one pass.

I say mostly one pass because I kept adjusting the angle and pressure, then going back over areas that still had stubble with the more optimum angle.
The end result was about the same as with a two pass shave, but not a shave I want to repeat.
I'm thinking two WTG passes with the optimum angle should do just fine next time.

The Witch hazel had some tingle, the Classic Vanilla heated things up, and the Nivea balm cooled it down.

Have some Great Shaves

~doug~

Last edited:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
FFFMM
Saturday SOTD

Razor:
Blade: Personna (5)
ASL: Layrite No9
20230311_190155.jpg

Now that was a nice shave. Two passes, both WTG and done.
Instead of trying to push the Lite beyond what it is capable of doing, I treated it like the mild razor it is and got an irritation free shave. I'm also gonna bin the blade after 5 shaves as the month is almost half over and I still have 4 more blades that came with the razor to try out.
The Witch hazel felt nice, the Layrite soothing, and the Nivea balm finished up as usual.

Have some Great Shaves

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
For those of you following along with my backyard construction project, the unusual SoCal weather has been hampering my efforts to finish the interior of my new Tuff Shed and get the trench drain for the backyard installed.
20230221_141411.jpg

I just finished stapling five 32' rolls of Owens Corning New Pink insulation on the inside, but I still need to get and put paneling on the walls, add a few cabinets, and 3/4" plywood flooring as there is a very good chance my 1920 Brown & Sharp turret lathe is finally going to get put into service there when I'm finished. (It needs a little work, but I have all the parts)
20220607_172931.jpg

That and a few small block Ford engines are going to get some attention there also.
20191005_114556 (2).jpg

With any luck I'll have the 'stang home by next month and I can start ordering the parts needed to update it to current NHRA specs, and start putting it back together so I can race it again!:cheerful:
20191014_150711.jpg

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
On a side note, before WhichyPoo left for work Friday morning at the breakfast table she asked me how much longer I was going to keep the goatee, and I responded with "When your attitude toward my shaving changes."

WhichyPoo then claims she changed her attitude a long time ago, so I came back with, "I still have to put up a sign when I shave, I still have to ask you to be quiet when I am shaving, and I still can't shave whenever I want to."

No reply.

~doug~

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Here I was thinking of your life of bliss and along came WhichyPoo.

Don't quote me on this, but I've heard the childhood name of SWMBO was Witchy Poo Queen of the Uglies. That's according to her brother, but I don't believe it for a second.

Fix up one of the Mustangs for her, Doug.

(Or, name it after her.)

Happy shaves,

Jim

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Here I was thinking of your life of bliss and along came WhichyPoo.

Don't quote me on this, but I've heard the childhood name of SWMBO was Witchy Poo Queen of the Uglies. That's according to her brother, but I don't believe it for a second.

Fix up one of the Mustangs for her, Doug.

(Or, name it after her.)

Happy shaves,

Jim
Think "Green Acres" and Eva Gabor, Jim, we live in "Horsetown USA". :kyle1:

~doug~

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
FFFMM
Monday SOTD

Razor:
Blade: Personna (1)
ASL: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
20230313_195942[1].jpg

Tonight's shave was a nice three pass WTG, ATG, WTG shave, the fresh blade a definite improvement in the closeness of the shave without any irritation.
The Witch hazel felt nice, as did the Aqua Velva, the Nivea balm finished up as usual.

Have a Great Shave

~doug~

Top Bottom