What's new

The future of shaving?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I’ve gave up caring what the future of shaving is. I haven’t been down a shaving isle in a year or more. I’ve got enough razors, blades, soap, and AS to last me a good while. When I run out I’ll just replace it with the same. I really don’t care what the future of shaving is.

Although at times I do think about doing a few reviews of modern systems. But really...meh

Don't worry, your wait for an affordable warm shave will soon be over.
In the future, they will come out with a machine that dispenses hot lather at the push of button. To go with that will be a revolutionary new type of razor that uses a continuous band instead of blades. When the edge dulls, just wind to a new section. It will end blade handling forever! And together they will produce the best shave of your life!
Back to the future, that's so sixties. I have a Techmatic in a drawer too.

My own son uses a double edge razor I gave him. So.... his generation is strange. He's 19. I am amazed at how many of his buddies don't shave, or rarely do. But if they are the future market drivers of shaving gear, I have no idea where shaving is headed. As a rule, they don't have any concept of money. Everything goes on a debit card. We help my son very little financially. He has a roof over his head and eats here when he is here. He works hard and gives a tenth of his income away. Buys a lot of junk food meals. Goes to concerts. Has a girl I won't be surprised to see him marry. But I say all this to say this: their life is self centered and how they dress and groom themselves seems to be an after thought.
Be afraid. Be very afraid, lol.
i was like that too when i was younger but i changed up quick with age. i think he will do the same

I think shaving will mainly be the same: Most people using cartridges and electric razors while the "Few" will enjoy DE/SE/Straight shaving. Wet Shaving is growing though so you never know when it'll become main trend again. Perhaps cartridges will be the hip thing to shave with when Wet Shaving becomes too popular, HAHA!

I think shaving will mainly be the same: Most people using cartridges and electric razors while the "Few" will enjoy DE/SE/Straight shaving. Wet Shaving is growing though so you never know when it'll become main trend again. Perhaps cartridges will be the hip thing to shave with when Wet Shaving becomes too popular, HAHA!
Cart shaving = Wet shaving. You can even wet shave with a electric razor, I think rotary.

Short range matter transporter. Have the pattern buffer and/or bio-filter subtract the whiskers. when the rest of you is transported one meter to the right.

...But I say all this to say this: their life is self centered and how they dress and groom themselves seems to be an after thought.
I very much doubt that.
I'm sure it's carefully thought out so that they blend in with their tribe, even if you can't figure out exactly what/who their tribe is.

I think the future, albeit somewhat distant, will be distinctly hardware-less. No razors, blades, cartridges, electrics, etc.

What I see is a product coming around similar to Nair, but works faster, gets you to absolute BBS, and doesn't have the harsh chemical effect on your skin. Simply apply to beard, and wipe beard away.

I think the next innovation will be a self-shaving razor. Strap it on your face, plug it in and let its sensors determine which way to go, how much pressure. Similar to those vacuum cleaners that zip around your floor for an hour or so and clean up and then return to the docking station. Either that or an electric shaving brush similar to an electric toothbrush only bigger and made of boar or badger hair. The future is looking good my friends. Looking good.

I think the future, albeit somewhat distant, will be distinctly hardware-less. No razors, blades, cartridges, electrics, etc.

What I see is a product coming around similar to Nair, but works faster, gets you to absolute BBS, and doesn't have the harsh chemical effect on your skin. Simply apply to beard, and wipe beard away.

I’m starting to believe this is exactly what the future will be. A Nair that gives you perfect BBS in 5 minutes and hydrates your face at the same time. I started out thinking that electric tech would get near perfect (which i still think will happen) but you guys have convinced me that this is probably what’ll change the game down the road.

Maybe since we are seeing so many men only shaving once a week or once a month something like a whipper snipper, weed whacker kind of gizmo might be more in line.

I may work for a competitor of P&G, but I am also a shaving enthusiast and collector. Everyone must have heard of Ruud and Rye?

Never heard of them, but that is a funny commercial! I think the majority of people hate to shave, it irritates their face, legs, head, etc. It's a necessary evil for them. If they could do without ever shaving they would. I've seen an increase in depilotary creams for men. Most of the B&B members enjoy and look forward to shaving.

My own son uses a double edge razor I gave him. So.... his generation is strange. He's 19. I am amazed at how many of his buddies don't shave, or rarely do. But if they are the future market drivers of shaving gear, I have no idea where shaving is headed. As a rule, they don't have any concept of money. Everything goes on a debit card. We help my son very little financially. He has a roof over his head and eats here when he is here. He works hard and gives a tenth of his income away. Buys a lot of junk food meals. Goes to concerts. Has a girl I won't be surprised to see him marry. But I say all this to say this: their life is self centered and how they dress and groom themselves seems to be an after thought.
Be afraid. Be very afraid, lol.
It is true. As a 24 year old, everyone I know my age doesn't shave. They try to grow out their thin patchy beards and wear nothing but sweatpants or ball shorts out of the house.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
DNA manipulation is the next big thing. You will able to have a male child that will not grow any facial hair. Wet shaving will be a thing of the past. :a16:
Interesting. Gillette has actually done several rounds of attitudinal consumer research on a related question: If you could take a pill and not have to shave, would you? The answers were overwhelmingly negative. For most men, shaving was an integral part of being a man (irrespective of whether one wore a beard). Now, that was a number of years ago, and, like so many other things, this attitude may have changed.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

Robert A. Heinlein envisioned such a product in his novel, "The Door Into Summer." He called it "Beard-Go." As I recall, when the protagonist, a time-traveler, visited the past, it was one of the things he most missed.

Interesting. Gillette has actually done several rounds of attitudinal consumer research on a related question: If you could take a pill and not have to shave, would you? The answers were overwhelmingly negative. For most men, shaving was an integral part of being a man (irrespective of whether one wore a beard). Now, that was a number of years ago, and, like so many other things, this attitude may have changed.

I, for one, would take that pill.

Shaving is part of being a man...the PITA part, that is.

Top Bottom