What's new

The future of shaving?

You have to multiply 1,200 miles by the number of hairs. They will convince us we need a different kind of blade for every part of the body as well as other specialized products.
Yes. Kinda like the ladies' razors/shaving goo now sold, and the little specialized eyebrow shapers and peach fuzz shavers?

I’m not the least bit concerned about the future of shaving, I have what I need for the rest of my life and once I’m dead I won’t care.

I’m not the least bit concerned about the future of shaving, I have what I need for the rest of my life and once I’m dead I won’t care.
I'm also set for blades for this life, and well into the next. Still, it's kinda fun watching it all unfold, and wondering just how far people will allow themselves to be led.

So true. I remember dressing up to go to the grocery store at that age; one never knows when one might meet a damsel in distress! Most folks go to Walmart in their pajamas today.
That is so funny, I do recall wearing a suit to travel by train or plane and going out anywhere. Now people wear pajama pants on a flight with flip flops...and I understand why, it doesn't make me like it any though.

I don't think that we will see more people taking up DE shaving to save plastic without a big push on advertising to highlight that DE blades see easily recycled.

I can see the cartridge manufacturers making replacements that are all metal so they can be recycled, but only if they are forced. Unfortunately that would be more expensive and increase the costs accordingly.
I am sure metal recycling employees want to catch hepatitis B.

Even better.
Better still you'll be in charge of
Marketing/humanizing that long list
Of nasty Side effects that pills are so
Famous for..
So maybe they can find some guys who
Would rather deal with a side effect of
"E.D." instead of shaving..

The future of shaving is more cartridge razors. The big firms make a killing on them, so no need to change what works. I assume they will keep making evolutionary advancements in cartridge technology, spurring more buying to get the latest/greatest. The only thing which will change the course is consumer demand changing. Maybe the millennials will scoff at the environmental impact of plastic cartridges going into landfills....I dunno. Once the Twitter mob sets its crosshairs on the Gillette’s of the world, you will see change lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I don't think that we will see more people taking up DE shaving to save plastic without a big push on advertising to highlight that DE blades see easily recycled.

I can see the cartridge manufacturers making replacements that are all metal so they can be recycled, but only if they are forced. Unfortunately that would be more expensive and increase the costs accordingly.

What is with the myth that DE shaving will save the earth and nothing short of that will??? No need to force. Most plastics ARE recycle-able. It's up to consumers to get off their backsides and start their waste on the way to the recyclers.

Recycle all the carts, disposables, blades you want right here.

"Once collected, the waste is broken down and separated by material. Plastics are cleaned and pelletized to be recycled into new products, such as picnic tables and park benches. Metal materials are sent for smelting and conversion to new alloys."

If you really want to save the environment, get an electric razor. Electricity is far cheaper than the cost of making the soaps, brushes, blades and the water you send down your drain each shave.

Last edited:

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
That is so funny, I do recall wearing a suit to travel by train or plane and going out anywhere. Now people wear pajama pants on a flight with flip flops...and I understand why, it doesn't make me like it any though.

I agree. I'm not saying people need to dress well to go out in public, but I consider the homeless and their clothes several steps above those in pajama pants. Those in pajama pants can easily dress better.

I agree. I'm not saying people need to dress well to go out in public, but I consider the homeless and their clothes several steps above those in pajama pants. Those in pajama pants can easily dress better.
Here here!
It's about time somebody shamed the pyjama pants people!

What is with the myth that DE shaving will save the earth and nothing short of that will??? No need to force. Most plastics ARE recycle-able. It's up to consumers to get off their backsides and start their waste on the way to the recyclers.

"Once collected, the waste is broken down and separated by material. Plastics are cleaned and pelletized to be recycled into new products, such as picnic tables and park benches. Metal materials are sent for smelting and conversion to new alloys."

If you really want to save the environment, get an electric razor. Electricity is far cheaper than the cost of making the soaps, brushes, blades and the water you send down your drain each shave.
Thanks for the link to Gillette's blade recycling programme, but be advised, you ship your blades &etc. to them at your own cost!
ps. And would that the other recycling methods of which you speak actually take place as intended!

I, for one, continue to dress in a dignified, gentlemanly manner when travelling by train, aeroplane or steamer.
Well, I suppose I don't really travel by steamer anymore...but I would if I did!
And, I suspect that there is a statistically disproportionate number among us who feel the same.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Thanks for the link to Gillette's blade recycling programme, but be advised, you ship your blades &etc. to them at your own cost!
ps. And would that the other recycling methods of which you speak actually take place as intended!
Yup, your dime, but if people care as much as they posture they do, it is a small expense to do the right thing. And if you look on their map, there are collection sites in many large cities where you can drop your used shave stuff off for no charge.

Not sure I follow you on "other recycling methods of which you speak actually take place as intended!" part of your statement.

Here here!
It's about time somebody shamed the pyjama pants people!

Don't get me wrong, pajama pants have their place. It's what you wear to a march to lobby your politicians to legalize weed in your state. [runs for cover - LOL]

The newest rage I see in the Emergency Department is..... pajama pants and really fuzzy flip flops! Rainbow colored fuzzy flip flops!!!! Yes, it is the adults!

Factoring in the energy used to make the electric razor, the cost to mine the ore, battery material such as lithium, ship the razor half way around the world, electric used by the proud owner, and disposable and replacement costs, I highly doubt that electric razors are cheaper or more environmentally friendly.

Top Bottom