What's new

THE FOUR F's-FLUFFERNUTTER FRIDAY FEBRUARY FIFTH

Personally, I think there are a number of outstanding and creative entries to the point where you could establish categories (most creative, best use of available materials, most true to the NE original, sandwich least resembling a fluffernutter etc). That would add a level of complexity (or depth depending on how you look at it) for a simple sandwich...but look what we've done to the "simple" act of whisker removal! :wink:

Regardless, there were some delicious looking creations so, well done to all! An annual tradition perhaps? Self serving timeline as I think a fluffernutter a year may be my in-take limit. :smile:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
There truly are some outstanding entries here, as well as a few that remind me of a soap box derby car made out of marshmallows and PB. @FarmerTan still must choose the best photo. Of course, there may be a difference between the most photogenic Fluffernutter and the one that actually tastes the best.

Also, @FarmerTan should DM me with his postal address, as I wish to reward him for his work saving FFFF by sending him a few things that will surely send Mrs Tan over the edge completely.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Personally, I think there are a number of outstanding and creative entries to the point where you could establish categories (most creative, best use of available materials, most true to the NE original, sandwich least resembling a fluffernutter etc). That would add a level of complexity (or depth depending on how you look at it) for a simple sandwich...but look what we've done to the "simple" act of whisker removal! :wink:

Regardless, there were some delicious looking creations so, well done to all! An annual tradition perhaps? Self serving timeline as I think a fluffernutter a year may be my in-take limit. :smile:
A terrific sandwich, but I KNOW my blood sugar (as an old RN I was going to abbreviate that to "BS" but I knew this bunch weren't near smart enuff to understand what "BS level" meant when referencing myself!) was off the charts! I won't be revisiting this delightful dessert anytime soon.
I'll leave it to my son to eat these on a daily basis. His Pancreas has less miles on it!

So, @Owen Bawn one question: I actually liked an entry the most that was entryfied (yeah, it's a werd, look it up) today. Can I pick that one? Or did it have to be entered before midnight? I get confused with time zones, as I only live in one at a time...

FarmerTan

I like the way you think. I would be sure to pick myself for every catagory then!!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
It's always time for a Fluffernutter. Fluffernutter Friday is actually an Octave, and eight day festival of goo. Choose as you see fit, @FarmerTan and don't forget that DM so I can send you something that will probably never arrive. I posted a package to a B&B member in Canada almost 3 weeks ago. It went from here to Cincinnati the day I mailed it and the tracking info says it's been there ever since. My wife asked at the PO yesterday about it and they essentially told her to wait a few more weeks. America is falling apart before our eyes, so we can clearly be flexible about when a guy ate his peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich!

FarmerTan

It's always time for a Fluffernutter. Fluffernutter Friday is actually an Octave, and eight day festival of goo. Choose as you see fit, @FarmerTan and don't forget that DM so I can send you something that will probably never arrive. I posted a package to a B&B member in Canada almost 3 weeks ago. It went from here to Cincinnati the day I mailed it and the tracking info says it's been there ever since. My wife asked at the PO yesterday about it and they essentially told her to wait a few more weeks. America is falling apart before our eyes, so we can clearly be flexible about when a guy ate his peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich!
Yes, I am not so patiently waiting myself something from a member here! DM or PM incoming friend...

FarmerTan

After considerable thought, I have chosen member Haggis! Reasoning to follow! (It's good, so stay tuned.)

Thank you. *shuffles feet* It was an honor being in the company of so many amazing fluffernutters and, uh, fluffernutter-inspired sandwiches. I would have eaten them all! Up to and including the peeps. But not the M&Ms. No sir. Well probably not. OK, maybe.

Congrats @haggis! Thank you for stepping into the breach @FarmerTan and for a valiant effort at attempting the mighty Fluffernutter. If nothing else, your mini-marshmellow-thing-a-ma-giggy was, well...nutty. Or nuttery as it were. It was a fun February Fifth for sure! Cheers to all!

FarmerTan

Congratulations @haggis.
You had me with your first entry: the one with the PB swirled in with the fluff stuff. And wasn't yours the M&M creation? I have yet to show it to the lovely War Department, as she will blame me for the pound she will gain from eating one.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
The M&M creation I have to give credit to my 4yr old for. Not because he thought of it but because I used his M&Ms. He’s going to be really disappointed when he doesn’t get a few M&Ms for dessert after Dinner.

FarmerTan

@shavefan was close, especially since he used Marmite (which I still have no idea what it's made of. Dead Marms? Almost sounds like ground up building material refuse. Can't have that). I gave him points for originality.

@Carpe deserved to win "Miss Congeniality" because he thought of all the other entrants feelings, as evidenced by his thoughts for all the different types of categories that should be adopted in the future.

Perhaps the next time I meet with my colleagues at the U.N. General Assembly I will see if they might consider sponsoring us.

FarmerTan

The M&M creation I have to give credit to my 4yr old for. Not because he thought of it but because I used his M&Ms. He’s going to be really disappointed when he doesn’t get a few M&Ms for dessert after Dinner.
Oh my. I will have to look into a solution for this. He's the future. He might be signing my Social Security checks someday...

Not because he thought of it but because I used his M&Ms. He’s going to be really disappointed when he doesn’t get a few M&Ms for dessert after Dinner.

Sandwiches made with children's tears are the best.

He might be signing my Social Security checks someday...

Gotta love an optimist!

Last edited:

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Disregard my last post. He was perfectly content with fluff on bread.
C046B7DF-C7EA-4F72-AA24-317E5E042856.jpeg

Top Bottom