What's new

International Battle of the Blades PIF

Great Dondoh!

My pick:

Voskhod
Feather
Gillette 7 O'C Yellow
Persona Med

I'll wisely spent those $17 on bestshave.net: the biggest bang for the buck!

Cheers!

I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring. I'm leaving out Feather, just cuz it is such an obvious choice. I'm so late to the party, I need to try something mildly original.

Kai
Polsilver SI
Gillette 7 O’C Black SP
Voskhod

$17? I dunno. Maybe follow OP's suggestion and get some Mike's. Then again, perhaps a few tubes of Palmolive shave cream (I love that stuff).

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Quick question:
is this open worldwide or just CONUS?
Cheers!

Worldwide Landri. As long as your item costs less than $17US to ship to you. For instance, if you win the PIF and find an item for sale in Chile (or England) that I can order for you and it is less than $17 shipped then you get it. No matter what happens you'll get something if you win... (Whether you get the extra prize of the blades from the blade exchange is up to toothpick. I suppose shipping could be too much to somewhere, but I bet toothpick won't care.)
Guess away!
PS. If you made me choose a place to live other than my own country, Chile is on my list!

I got the blades covered worldwide. :thumbup1:

I'll play. I like your writing style BTW, very amusing.

1. Wilkinson sword
2.Personna red IP
3. Feather
4.Astra SP

I got the blades covered worldwide. :thumbup1:

Nice Toothpick!

If you want to you can create another thread promoting your part of this PIF and direct them here for the entry. Because your generosity wasn't in the OP it may have gotten too buried in the wall of prose. Maybe something simply stating the prize and the rules might generate some entries from folks who don't enjoy reading bad writing...

And again for the world. Toothpick is a good egg. He maintains the Blade Exchange which is such an amazing resource if you are checking out which blade is for you.

Thanks Darkbulb, Senshi and others for the kind words. I'm glad you are working in your compliments for extra credit...

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nice Toothpick!

If you want to you can create another thread promoting your part of this PIF and direct them here for the entry. Because your generosity wasn't in the OP it may have gotten too buried in the wall of prose. Maybe something simply stating the prize and the rules might generate some entries from folks who don't enjoy reading bad writing...

And again for the world. Toothpick is a good egg. He maintains the Blade Exchange which is such an amazing resource if you are checking out which blade is for you.

It looks like you added it to the OP so we'll roll with that. Anyone entering for a chance to win a PIF should at least read the OP first :thumbup1:

I've been pretty busy, but the iBOB is moving forward. I am up to blade #10 and will be posting the key to identify the blades next week. So if you want to enter, do it now as the entries will close next week. Cheers.

Ok, I'm brand new, and know nothing about the tools of this trade, but I'll give you a top 4 based on pure luck!
Voskhod
Gillette 7 O'C Yellow
Personna Lab
Polsilver SI

Last Call! Contest entries close on Monday October 28th. So if you want to guess this is your last chance.
Reviews up to blade number 11 posted in the iBob secret discussion thread. Key coming next week.
Halfway there.

I'm in mostly to see where this goes!

Kai
Personna Lab
Crystal
Gillette 7 oclock black

Based on my minimal knowledge, this is the best foretelling I can come up with ;)

I'm in. I'll have to assume that we have the same taste for blades, so here's my favorite 4, and I'll take them as yours:

Gillette 7 O’C Yellow
Astra SP
Lord Platinum
Feather

Welcome new entrants and GL.

I was trying to explain this contest (and B&B, PIFs in general, and wetshaving) to my 89-year-old mother who lives with my wife and I.
She got pretty excited about the contest. She loves the PIF idea and thinks Toothpick is a saint for maintaining the blade bank as an unpaid service to others.
She has always loved contests, so I asked her if she wanted to play. You betcha, she does. She knows nothing about the blades and chose based on their names... If she wins, I'll give her a prize and award the $17 gift certificate to the second place competitor. But if she lucks up and guesses best, I'll let her take the blade sampler from toothpick as I personally think that it is a SPECTACULAR prize.

Cheers and here are her guesses....

Gillette Silver Blue (reminds her of her hair and her shampoo...)
Perma-Sharp Super (it just sounds like the best, she also likes the gold/black packaging)
Lord Platinum (sounds really good)
Crystal (She didn't want to choose a 4th as none of them sounded as good as the first three... I made her choose!)

Ok, I am pretty much sure I have posted here, but there is no sign of my post here :confused1
However, my guess:

Red Israeli Personna
Voskhod
Polsilver SI
Feather

Top Bottom