What's new

International Battle of the Blades PIF

:001_smile. You can enter and we might be able to negotiate a CD for the prize. I'd be willing to make an exception to the "shaving supplies" rule to someone with taste...

Last edited:
Here are the 4 finalists in order.

I'll have you know that I researched most of these blades in depth (read about them at B&B). I consulted the impressions of several well known blade connoisseurs (asked a few people their impressions a few months ago). Following that I reviewed the general brand reputation (removed the names I was less familiar with). For background I compared the packaging quality and consistancy (pretty colors). Set in order those blades with the highest general quality (gut feeling). Norrowed down the top 4 blades in order (guessed because I never tried these 4 blades).

... drum roll please!

Gillette 7 O’C Black SP
Polsilver SI
Feather
Astra SP

Now this is scientific evaluation!

This is cool, I'm in

Personna Lab
Gillette 7 O’C Green SS
Feather
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow

My ideal prize would be any lime aftershave.........

I'll play; from your list, in order:

Personna Lab
Voshkod
Sputnik (assuming Teflon)

Jasman, the Sputinik is NOT Teflon it is Super Platinum. Feel free to adjust your guesses accordingly and I've updated the blade list to show that it is an SP. Thanks! You know, now I want a Sputnik Teflon. Blade disorder is a strong addiction.
Personna Med

Worldwide Landri. As long as your item costs less than $17US to ship to you. For instance, if you win the PIF and find an item for sale in Chile (or England) that I can order for you and it is less than $17 shipped then you get it. No matter what happens you'll get something if you win... (Whether you get the extra prize of the blades from the blade exchange is up to toothpick. I suppose shipping could be too much to somewhere, but I bet toothpick won't care.)
Guess away!
PS. If you made me choose a place to live other than my own country, Chile is on my list!

Gillette 7 O’C Black SP
Gillette Silver Blue
Rapira SS
Polsilver SI

This is actually my top 4 (minus the Rapira SS, never tried it). Hopefully, it's yours too!

A D.R. Harris Arlington refill puck would be $0.90 too much to ship, unfortunately, so I might choose the stick, a razorock soap, or Pre de Provance (from WCS). We'll see when the time comes!

Jasman, the Sputinik is NOT Teflon it is Super Platinum. Feel free to adjust your guesses accordingly and I've updated the blade list to show that it is an SP. Thanks! You know, now I want a Sputnik Teflon. Blade disorder is a strong addiction.
Personna Med
Updated, thanks to the additional information. My list now includes all of RailroadMan's blades, in a marginally different order.

Top Bottom