What's new

International Battle of the Blades PIF

OK. As of this post, the PIF is closed to further entries.
GL everyone.
My co-worker will be posting the key which tells which number corresponds to which blade in the iBOB Secret Discussion Thread, heretofore know as the other thread...

And we have a winner!

First the final order of the iBob.

First place blade -- Feather
Second place blade -- Astra
Third place blade -- Kai
Fourth place blade -- Gillette Silver Blue

Going to post #74 in the iBOB secret discussion thread, we find the rubric for picking a winner from the guessers.
First we find the folks with the most right guesses .

Russ Hatch, Hillbilly Pick and Onecut all had three correct guesses. So they move on to the second filter.
The second filter says that the player who guesses the first place blade in first place moves on and Hillbilly Pick is the only one of the three that picked Feather in the first spot.

So Hillbilly Pick is the winner of the iBOB PIF!

He may choose one item which can be shipped to him for under $17 dollars and I'll hook him up. He may also contact Toothpick at the blade exchange who will give him 20 blades (2 each of 10 different blades)

Congratulations Hillbilly Pick. Thanks to all the contestants, to Dr Awkward for lending me a razor, and to everyone for the kind comments and for following along!

Wow! Sweet! You and I must be very much alike because that is the order that I like these blades.

I have a stockpile of 200 feathers and am using straights primarily now, so, if it is ok with you and toothpick, I would like to PIF the PIF of blades 10 to Russ Hatch and 10 to Onecut. I understand that this doubles the amount of shipping for the blades, so if you would like, toothpick, I will pay the shipping to these fellas.

Thank you and am glad that this blind test has given much enjoyment to myself and many on the forum.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Wow! Sweet! You and I must be very much alike because that is the order that I like these blades.

I have a stockpile of 200 feathers and am using straights primarily now, so, if it is ok with you and toothpick, I would like to PIF the PIF of blades 10 to Russ Hatch and 10 to Onecut. I understand that this doubles the amount of shipping for the blades, so if you would like, toothpick, I will pay the shipping to these fellas.

Thank you and am glad that this blind test has given much enjoyment to myself and many on the forum.

The blades will ship in a single envelope so shipping cost is minor. No worries. I knew a stand up guy such as yourself would do this anyway :thumbup:
The stock list for the blades is in the blade exchange thread (located in razor blades forum).
PM me anytime with your choices. 10 blades each. (5 different kinds, 2 blades each)

Good on ya' Hillbilly Pick!
And thanks, as always, Toothpick

And we have a winner!

First the final order of the iBob.

First place blade -- Feather
Second place blade -- Astra
Third place blade -- Kai
Fourth place blade -- Gillette Silver Blue

Going to post #74 in the iBOB secret discussion thread, we find the rubric for picking a winner from the guessers.
First we find the folks with the most right guesses .

Russ Hatch, Hillbilly Pick and Onecut all had three correct guesses. So they move on to the second filter.
The second filter says that the player who guesses the first place blade in first place moves on and Hillbilly Pick is the only one of the three that picked Feather in the first spot.

So Hillbilly Pick is the winner of the iBOB PIF!

He may choose one item which can be shipped to him for under $17 dollars and I'll hook him up. He may also contact Toothpick at the blade exchange who will give him 20 blades (2 each of 10 different blades)

Congratulations Hillbilly Pick. Thanks to all the contestants, to Dr Awkward for lending me a razor, and to everyone for the kind comments and for following along!

That is awesome, this is why I really enjoy this place - the people. I will get in touch with Toothpick - thank you all for your generousity
Russ

Turns out Hillbilly Pick is a man after my own heart. He picked a Semogue 1438 boar brush as his prize.

So a Semogue is on its way from Portugal to Kentucky as we speak.

Again, congrats to Hillbilly Pick (and to Russ and Onecut too)

Thanks to all for playing and I'll see you on the next one!

I received the brush from Portugal today! Thanks again!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 26
Hearing the issues with paint and such, I am thinking of giving it a few coats of CA. Have made four sets of wood scales for my straights and am getting pretty good results. What do you guys think, yeah or nay?

Top Bottom