What's new

THE FOUR F's-FLUFFERNUTTER FRIDAY FEBRUARY FIFTH

Yes I grilled it, and yes the honey roasted was definitely the right choice on this wonderful throwback to my childhood. Although next time I wouldn’t do crunchy. That grilled one with the bananas looks to die for though.
B236BC6D-67DB-407E-82E2-1B5E8C64BFD2.jpeg

Thanks, Yeah the Mrs and I go a little overboard for Halloween as evidenced by still having a stack of Halloween paper plates to use up. Whole house goes gothic, fog machines, massive grave yard out front, the whole 9.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Here's my Fluffernut journey: I obviously either went with mini marshmallows, or giant bread....
IMG_20210205_195937032.jpgthen I decided to broil them...IMG_20210205_200301356.jpg I got nervous, so I took them out, possibly too soon...IMG_20210205_200742063.jpgand here is a close up of the finished product: IMG_20210205_200944571.jpgit was good, tho I think I used a bit too much marshmallow or not enough PB!

I think that more experimenting will be needed.

FarmerTan

Here's my Fluffernut journey: I obviously either went with mini marshmallows, or giant bread....
View attachment 1218810then I decided to broil them...View attachment 1218811 I got nervous, so I took them out, possibly too soon...View attachment 1218812and here is a close up of the finished product: View attachment 1218813it was good, tho I think I used a bit too much marshmallow or not enough PB!

I should add that I ate them open faced, made a bit of a mess, but my biggest mistake?

I FORGOT TO MAKE A CUPPA DECAF! Idiot. Would have tasted SO MUCH BETTER!!!

View attachment 1218810then I decided to broil them...View attachment 1218811 I got nervous, so I took them out, possibly too soon...View attachment 1218812and here is a close up of the finished product: View attachment 1218813it was good, tho I think I used a bit too much marshmallow or not enough PB!

"A" for effort. I nominate you for the win!

FarmerTan

No way you guys! I nominate @Owen Bawn for the best photos! For most imaginative Fluffernutter I have to look through the posts to give my opinion! The dude with the special bread, or the the guy that had Marmite in his photo. I have no idea what Marmite is, but if a guy named Haggis thinks its tough to eat, THAT is one amazing thing!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Thanks to @FarmerTan for keeping things going today. Great participation and tremendous photos. @FarmerTan should be ashamed of himself with that marshmallow cobblestone excuse for a Fluffernutter. Sorry I couldn't be here all day today- I really wanted to be- but my home internet connection and the B&B server just aren't getting along, and I can't figure it out.

FarmerTan cannot abdicate his responsibility- he must choose the winning photo!

FarmerTan

Thanks to @FarmerTan for keeping things going today. Great participation and tremendous photos. @FarmerTan should be ashamed of himself with that marshmallow cobblestone excuse for a Fluffernutter. Sorry I couldn't be here all day today- I really wanted to be- but my home internet connection and the B&B server just aren't getting along, and I can't figure it out.

FarmerTan cannot abdicate his responsibility- he must choose the winning photo!
I will be looking at length through this thread. I'm most definitely disqualifying myself! Not because I am not werthy my friends, becuz we all know that I am. I'm DQing myself because my lovely bride has accused me of being a hoarder, and she ain't buying the "collector of priceless oddities and rare shaving items" crap I've been peddling. In other werds: she has decreed that stuff has to leave before any more REALLY cool stuff can come in! And since she trumped my Ace with the fact that she cooks and I only eat....well, she won THIS battle. I ain't dyin' on this hill; I want to live long enough to see her shave with a Lady Gillette! (Not her legs; her mustache is starting to tickle when she kisses me once a Leap Year! True story doggone.)

So I will be looking this over and discussing my conclusions with the few sane folks left in my head and anyone else who wants to PM me! I'll come to my conclusion relatively quickly (sometime Saturday) and then make sure that the current Yale football team agrees.

Or at least their head coach!

@FarmerTan , I recommend your lovely bride read this thread I posted the other day... then go out on the hunt!

FarmerTan

I'm going to be a sissy boy and take nominations from the floor.

It seems that I lose confidence in my Superduper Powers when I step outside of the walls of Arkoland!

Is there anyone who has ideas of the best sandwich, or if just photographic skillz should be used to determine the winner, or if I am open to interpretation of imagined taste based on images? I'm all ears, much like a Ferengi.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Oh my! @Whisky : it appears that your late entry has been trumped by an even more fancy pants entry. I love me some M&M's but wow!
It’s hard to beat what I am assuming are Michigan tart cherries. I loved picking them, eating them, turning them into pie filling, and making the best ever Maraschino cherries from them while I was living there.

FarmerTan

It’s hard to beat what I am assuming are Michigan tart cherries. I loved picking them, eating them, turning them into pie filling, and making the best ever Maraschino cherries from them while I was living there.
We picked Michigan black cherries on our Honeymoon and made jam! The 45th parallel is a beautiful place.

Top Bottom