What's new

The Brilliant Chambers of Barrister & Mann

I had been shaving with a sample size of Muir(e) Wood that I've had for ages. I bought a full size recently and when I first opened it, I found the blackberry scent surprisingly up front (it had been a background note in the sample). But when I lather it up, everything changes. This is soooooo much better than the sample I was using. The blackberry is hiding in the background (where it belongs) and the damp earth smell of hiking in the woods is up front and wonderful! That damp earth was missing or very faint in the sample.

So far I'm over the moon with the Muir(e) Wood soap. I didn't order any splash and wondering if I should - anyone here have experience with the splash?

So far Passiflora hasn't grabbed me - which is a surprise because all the posts I've read rave about the scent. It's nice - it just hasn't grabbed me the way Muir(e) Wood and Fougere Gothique do.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I had been shaving with a sample size of Muir(e) Wood that I've had for ages. I bought a full size recently and when I first opened it, I found the blackberry scent surprisingly up front (it had been a background note in the sample). But when I lather it up, everything changes. This is soooooo much better than the sample I was using. The blackberry is hiding in the background (where it belongs) and the damp earth smell of hiking in the woods is up front and wonderful! That damp earth was missing or very faint in the sample.

So far I'm over the moon with the Muir(e) Wood soap. I didn't order any splash and wondering if I should - anyone here have experience with the splash?

So far Passiflora hasn't grabbed me - which is a surprise because all the posts I've read rave about the scent. It's nice - it just hasn't grabbed me the way Muir(e) Wood and Fougere Gothique do.
Scents are remarkably subjective. Your post is Exhibit A.

Reactions: Kix
Scents are remarkably subjective. Your post is Exhibit A.
I'm new here, so I am only guessing --- do you mean that most people dislike the damp earth? Or that the blackberry doesn't sit in the background enough? Or something else entirely? Or simply that scents are subjective? :)

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I'm new here, so I am only guessing --- do you mean that most people dislike the damp earth? Or that the blackberry doesn't sit in the background enough? Or something else entirely? Or simply that scents are subjective? :)
The last one … simply that scents are subjective. I did not mean to sound cryptic. Some guys adore Passiflora; some guys abhor Muir Woods. Your tastes are just that … yours. I happen to enjoy both scents and think B&M is a great maker of scented soaps.

I think passiflora will grow on me. I don't "dislike" it at all - it's nice. I didn't like Paganini's Violin at first and I'm starting to like it a little more each time I pull it out and try it again.

I hated Gothique the first time I opened it but I came to love it.

Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre. Love this soap!

SOTD 05_26_24.jpg

Later late post for Towel Day and my first foray into the chambers of Barrister and Mann.

IMG_0365.jpg

As above this was a shave I have been waiting almost a year for since reading @BradWorld's Towel Day shave post last year. I managed to hunt down what could be the last tub of 42 available for retail sale and have stored it since then to try only on Towel Day.

Overall a great soap and loved every bit of it after I got used to the fragrance.

Rockwell 6C - plate 6
Barrister and Mann - 42
Sputnik blades
Semogue Mistura.

Top Bottom