What's new

2024 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of MacGyver

Still in

Finally finished this tub of Scottish Heather. I love the scent and it is a really good soap! I 'd recommend Wickham's Soaps to anyone especially if you are looking for a veggie soap.

Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: GEM SS PTFE (32)
Soap: Wickham's Soap Co. 1912 Scottish Heather
Brush: Omega 40033 Boar
AS: Bootlegger's Green Freeze

Question @Guido75
Does participanting in a pass around would put me out of our GRUYERE?
I had to incur shipping costs for that purpose.

Thx.
Guido,

A pass around of a razor to try is within the boundaries of the restraint. See for a similar discussion an earlier conversation/ruling here.

Postage is a means to try the razor. If money is spend on shaving or on other products on the pass around that would be against the rules.

Enjoy your trials with (I assume) Nr 7?? :wink2:

Guido,

A pass around of a razor to try is within the boundaries of the restraint. See for a similar discussion an earlier conversation/ruling here.

Postage is a means to try the razor. If money is spend on shaving or on other products on the pass around that would be against the rules.
Thanks. I was unsure how the discussion went out...
Enjoy your trials with (I assume) Nr 7?? :wink2:
The jury's still out... ;)
But you are well informed 😁

Last edited:
Still holding strong.
IMG_20240607_073122~2.jpg

Still in

Blade: GEM SS PTFE (36)
Cream: Antica Bareria Mondial Citrus sample
AS: Bootlegger's Green Freeze

I found some soap and cream samples I hid away from myself at some point. The Antica Bareria sample is now more of a soap than a cream but still has a nice scent and lathered up very nicely.

linty1

My wallet cries.
37CEC465-FBFE-4BE6-B890-46E1DFA6BF4F.jpeg

Still in.

The colonial general razor, with a kai mild blade. If I had ti choose just -one- razor, this would be it. Just suites me really well. The handle is a Ti Timeless one, really grippy although I wish it were a bit longer (don't we all :001_rolle). Its too bad Colonial razors has seemingly closed shop (despite what their website has said for the past few years).

Still in

Blade: GEM SS PTFE (37)
Cream: Antica Bareria Mondial Citrus sample
AS: Hoyt's Cologne

So after finding the stash of sample soaps and creams yesterday, I went looking through my closet and found I had aftershaves I had forgotten about. Pulled out the Hoyt's Cologne today and also saw I had a 2 bottles of Malizia Uomo, I don't even remember buying that stuff. Thank God for the GRUME and GRUYERE, I have more software than I knew about!

B&M Lavanille is one of those soaps I've come to appreciate more each time I use it.
A stellar shave this morning with the R41 and a 90's something Gillette Super Stainless, although I will admit I don't like the "newer" super stainless as well as the older Spoilers and Platinum Plus, in fact I would rather fancy a Nacet over these but they were thrown in with a batch I bought last year.
Good day gents!

1718192368416.png

Top Bottom