What's new

The Brilliant Chambers of Barrister & Mann

Welcome gentlemen.

As you're all aware there are many brotherhoods, clubs and groups here that we can participate in. They all exist to praise in one-way or another, the many different aspects that exist in wet shaving, be they products and/or the tools we use in the endeavor.

Today I'd like to officially announce the creation of The Brilliant Chambers of Barrister & Mann.

Barrister & Mann is a brand I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate. Their (current) Omnibus base is widely regarded as one of, if not the very best shaving soap base in existence today. The originality and creativeness found in Barrister & Mann products is unique and well worth appreciation.

With everything said, if you're of the mind that you appreciate and enjoy Barrister & Mann products, feel free to become a member of the chambers today.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Count me in — I’m a fan of Will’s creativity and constant drive toward excellence.
1669942035966.jpeg

In honor of Barrister & Mann and the formation of this new chambers, bringing my fellow barristers together, I dedicate this shave.

C4B87F22-3393-4EF0-BC4E-F90DDB693D84.jpeg

Fatboy Friday / Clubman Friday / DecemBoar

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Gillette Adjustable "Fatboy" (1958 D4)
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless (D10)

Soap: Barrister & Mann 42
Brush: Omega Boar 10005/80005
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegital
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

As you know, I've been on this journey of straight razor shaving, for less than I think, 10 shaves. And up until today I've only been doing with-the-grain passes, excluding the last one or two shaves where I added in an across-the-grain pass (going from the outside in). Well, today my friends I dared to go against-the-grain! Yes, you heard me correct. I pushed into new territory today.

It was fun and actually not that different than any of the other passes. You just have to keep focused and keep a steady hand. 😬

So truth be told, I only went against-the-grain on my neck. I didn't do it on my face. I'll get to it but wanted to leave some fun for the Fatboy seeing as I haven't used one in what feels like a really long time.

I whipped up some absolutely amazing lather with my Omega boar and some, new to me, Barrister & Mann 42 soap. I did this in my lovely Bluff Cove Pottery bowl. The smell of this lather was fantastic. It's definitely floral but is very pleasant and refined. I really pick up on the petunia scent. The scent profile as a whole is just great. I definitely recommend it if you're curious. I don't think you can go wrong with this one but if for some reason you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands. 😉

All in all I did a four-pass shave. Three with the Bengall and one with the Fatboy. This resulted in a beautiful bbs finish. I'm very happy with this shave to say the least.

I then proceeded to top things off with the often controversial and never mistaken Pinaud Lilac Vegital aftershave. What can I say but "The Veg" loves me and I love it.

There you have it gentlemen. Another great shave in the books.

Happy Friday everyone. Enjoy your shaves!

Count me in as well... I'm using B&M soaps almost exclusively. Currently in rotation are Spice, Lavanille, Leviathan, Le Grand Cyphre, TFH Plague and Cheshire. I also have a few samples, I'm reserving Mûir(e) Wood for the forthcoming Christmas holidays.

I also like B&M. Scents like Lavanille, Leviathan and Nordost are pretty outstanding. Currently have SmokingBishop on the way.
My wife has discovered my Nordost. :001_unsur

Count me in, even if I only own Seville, but Cologne Russe and Le Grand Chypre are on their way to my adress!

B&M is the best soap I've ever used, hands down. Even today I used Seville and the overall performance is really off the charts 🔝

Top Bottom