Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 4 | 2021

Slantember 16th - Shave #13

Razor: Yaqi Slant
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Brush: Shavemac 2-Band Fan 24mm
Lather: Palmolive Classic
Aftershave: Epsilon Blue

IMG-3364.jpg

Wunderbar & Tibam handle / Kai (21) - thanks @Grundi !
Murphy&McNeil Ouroboros
Plisson Pur Blaireau
Witch hazel, Col. Ichabod Conk Bay Rum
29F6F4EB-CE88-42F6-8016-F4865B983D26.jpeg

Flawless shave with a tip top slant.

The Kai is refusing to quit. This blade has been taking some long rests between shaves. Its career started in late January. I don't think I'll put it back on the blade rack, just keep it in the Wunderbar and see how far it gets.
B254A92B-EE0F-4E61-BDC1-E6C765D6A951.jpeg

Last edited:
Just got home from a fishing trip and found my new FOCS had arrived with some A & E soap. Last shave was Saturday night.

Loaded it with a fresh GSB. Alignment looked wonky, but I went with it.

• PAA Solar Flare brush
  • Alum
  • Proraso AS

WOW!!!!! What an efficient beast! Spent the day face-tur-bating...can't believe how close a shave I got!!! Very nice!!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Slantember 2021
Razor: Fatip Mixed Metal Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Bolzano (4)
Brush: Omega EVO
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Vito's Extra Super Coco
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray
hardware 20210917_124024.jpg

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

This dragon has teeth!

I dove in and bought a Yaqi slant when they first appeared. My first was a flawed casting, but Yaqi replaced it promptly when I sent them a closeup photo. Yay, Yaqi!

This highly aggressive razor has never become a daily driver. When I'm in a dangerous slant mood, the PBOCS usually gets the nod.

Today, for something completely different, I went with as steep an angle as possible. I felt safer.

The razor's effectiveness fell off above the jawline, but was quite good below. I gave myself a tiny blade corner nick when I raised the handle to a natural shaving angle to get closer on my left cheek. That's the essence of a Yaqi slant shave!

Yaqi comb cap slant - a unique design
Chopped off RazoRock Ti Halo handle
Vintage Made Rite 76 Pure Badger butterscotch brush
Murphy&McNeil Ouroboros - I'm in 3017 mode on a sample
Alum, witch hazel, Pinaud Lime Sec
800E6123-6BBE-424C-8140-8697E8E7BD87.jpeg

I am not a fan of 4" / 100mm handles. Whacked!
972D752E-026F-447B-A5E8-8A81BBEEFFCC.jpeg

Wunderbar + German Wilkinson (1). Back to my go-to smooth blade. Even smoother than the Treet, but felt less sharp. Funny, I remembered it the other way around. Absolutely no burn with this blade even during cleanup. Not the closest though. 7oc yellow(and others) got closer according to my notes.
Cream was Cella Bio (tub) today, absolutely lovely, great slickness & great lather.

Next I'll try a Bic blade in the 37C, but I might use something else in-between. Isn't it fun when there are so many combinations to try? :)

Top Bottom