Aftershave: Vintage Fabergé Brut

Slantember shave #10
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. As close to BBS as I want to get. Very pleasant shave.

Rating: 9.8/10

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SLANTember, Sat, Sept 12 2020- Razorock day it is!

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar- Mfg 2017, Light touch will give stellar results, Can bite if careless.
Blade: Personna Red- One of my favorites for slant razors, the blade is sharp and smooth.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore-Excellent soap both in Scent and Lather qualities, light tobacco with vanilla :001_wub: .
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic- Great brush and a favorite & has those soft tips.Will lather any soap well.
Pre Shave:Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 . WTG + ATG+ pickups.
Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop Avon "True Gent"- great scent for a balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:Great shave with my RR Wunderbar & Personna red blade.
DE SOTD, Sat, Sept 12 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Slantember 12 FOCS/Voskhod

This was supposed to be a one pass recovery shave, plus a stick fight between Lea and La Toja.

But FOCSy is so smooth, and it takes the lather in its teeth. So I face lathered 'once' and did a quick mini-version of my two pass/touchup shave with no more lathering.

With good prep, and a FOCS on the prowl, I got away with it.

Pre: lather/wash with Omega cream + Omega 10065
Razor: FOCS on its first shave. This might be its last appearance with the twisted 'Grande' handle. Lunga vita al Piccolo!
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Lather left: Lea stick / Semogue 1250
Lather right: La Toja stick / Semogue 1470
After: Burt's Bees AS (a creamy balm), Clubman

I needed a fox prop. Lacking a sweet grandchild with an extensive fox inventory, I grabbed a shave brush.
4447E612-2243-4FF5-8A7B-2592EB3F6D19.jpeg

La Toja outpointed Lea in the first round of the stick fight. The FOCS performed as delightfully as was expected, but managed to break my solemn one pass vow. Not re-lathering is just a technicality.

Slantember 12 FOCS/Voskhod

This was supposed to be a one pass recovery shave, plus a stick fight between Lea and La Toja.

But FOCSy is so smooth, and it takes the lather in its teeth. So I face lathered 'once' and did a quick mini-version of my two pass/touchup shave with no more lathering.

With good prep, and a FOCS on the prowl, I got away with it.

Pre: lather/wash with Omega cream + Omega 10065
Razor: FOCS on its first shave. This might be its last appearance with the twisted 'Grande' handle. Lunga vita al Piccolo!
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Lather left: Lea stick / Semogue 1250
Lather right: La Toja stick / Semogue 1470
After: Burt's Bees AS (a creamy balm), Clubman

I needed a fox prop. Lacking a sweet grandchild with an extensive fox inventory, I grabbed a shave brush.
View attachment 1154051

La Toja outpointed Lea in the first round of the stick fight. The FOCS performed as delightfully as was expected, but managed to break my solemn one pass vow. Not re-lathering is just a technicality.
Dude, that brush is awesome!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Slantember Shave #6
20200912_193954~2.jpg

Razor: Maggard Slant (Ikon SE 90mm handle)
Blade: Silver Star (4)
Brush: Shavemac 23mm Silvertip
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: @OkieStubble Bootlegger's El Dorado

WTG, ATG, XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS+ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Figured I should get some of my other slants into Slantember or I'll end up using the FOCS all month. ;)

Of note: The blade aligns with the cap on the Maggard Slant.

The Maggard Slant is a mild razor. Got the job done, just as efficient or effective as the FOCS.

Nice shave! :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Slantember Shave #6
View attachment 1154175

Figured I should get some of my other slants into Slantember or I'll end up using the FOCS all month. ;)

The Maggard Slant is a mild razor. Got the job done, just as efficient or effective as the FOCS.

Pardon the typo. Should read: "The Maggard Slant is a mild razor. Got the job done, just NOT as efficient or effective as the FOCS.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Slantember Shave #6
View attachment 1154175

Aligning the blade with the top cap or base plate pretty much defeats the purpose of any slant razor, which is to slice whiskers diagonally (think of a guillotine). Most time if you just drop the blade on the top cap and assemble the razor, you will get the correct positioning, as on the Maggard slant pictured here:

DSCF0032.jpg

Slantember shave #11
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No nicks. No irritation. No itching.
Very close. Very pleasant shave.

Rating: 9.8/10

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Aligning the blade with the top cap or base plate pretty much defeats the purpose of any slant razor, which is to slice whiskers diagonally (think of a guillotine). Most time if you just drop the blade on the top cap and assemble the razor, you will get the correct positioning, as on the Maggard slant pictured here:

View attachment 1154366

Yes, agreed....and that is how I have used my FOCS from the start. With the exception of my last shave with the FOCS when I experimented with Cap alignment - for SCIENCE, of course.

Regarding the Maggard: I dropped the blade in the cap (on a towel on the counter) dropped on the base and tightened things up - and the blade was more aligned to the cap than the base. So I decided to see if that alignment worked. It did, resulting in a very, very mild shave with little audible feedback.

Maybe my Maggard has some play? In any event, the next time I shave with the Maggard, I will take the time to make sure the blade is aligned to the plate.

Top Bottom