What's new

Slantember (Used to be September) Is For Slants! | Version 3 | 2020

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
It's...

upload_2018-8-20_16-33-21-png.906254

During the month of Slantember, which follows August and comes before October, shaving with slants has become somewhat of a tradition for some of us. The first Slantember was in 2018. Last year's Slantember hosted by Fred @Flintstone65 almost but not quite escaped me as I was shaving with straight razors. Fred and I have agreed to co-host this year's event.

Fatip with 2 slanted heads..jpg

Most of my slants only have one head but you can use one like this ^ if you have it. All slants are welcome.

I'm hoping Slantember will be an excuse for many gentlemen to learn the beauty of shaving with slants.

1598198374996.png

I will use my slants a lot in Slantember but I might use another DE or an injector or an AC razor or a straight on Sundays if I feel like it. Otherwise I'll shave only with my slants. You can shave with slants as much or as little as you like during Slantember. The rules are flexible. Slantember encourages slants over other razors else but it's not a Fixed Four. You won't be kicked out for any reason.

Everything else - blades, soaps, brushes, splashes, etc. - is up for grabs. This is not a Fixed Four although you're free to make it one if you want.

proxy.php

How many slants do you need to participate?

proxy.php

One slant is plenty, but use as many slants as you want. I have a few slants, but I might use the FOCS every day because I like it so much.

upload_2018-8-20_17-0-32-png.906259

Any and all slants are welcome. If you order a slant today and use it sometime during Slantember that counts big time. Everybody wins with a slant.

proxy.php

You are invited to join the Slantember party. You can pop in for a day or a week or the whole month. Post photos or shave reports if you want to. It's all just for fun. We might learn something too.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I remembered slantember a few days ago, so very timely post. I haven't been doing a true Fixed Four, lately but it's been nearly a fixed except for the blade. I'll join the slantember fun this year though! I will probably focus on improving my technique with my best performing slants:

ATT S1
iKon B1 slant
Fatip lo storto gentile
Merkur 37c

I'll try to post some shave of the days as I go along.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Wooohooo! Slantember is back!

Yeah, I might think about joining in. [grin]

Hmmm...what's in the box this year?

ATT S2
RR Wunderbar
Merkur 37

Dang, that's literally it. But it's the ones I saved from the Tilted Picnic tour. Still time to look around and see if something else grabs my attention...

O.H.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Really looking forward to this Slantember!!! I've been in some wild and weird rabbit holes (Wecks, AC Razors, Straights and of course the occasional Single Edge and Double Edge razors), so I'm looking forward to breaking out my slants. Like so many, I will definitely be reaching for a slant as often as I can; but I'll also be shaving with other stuff (I mean it is SEptember too!).

I will also be playing the "team statistician" again, for those who are interested in seeing the stats....more on that in a few days.

Really looking forward to this Slantember!!! I've been in some wild and weird rabbit holes (Wecks, AC Razors, Straights and of course the occasional Single Edge and Double Edge razors), so I'm looking forward to breaking out my slants. Like so many, I will definitely be reaching for a slant as often as I can; but I'll also be shaving with other stuff (I mean it is SEptember too!).

I will also be playing the "team statistician" again, for those who are interested in seeing the stats....more on that in a few days.

I had forgotten about SEptember... Hm... I'm going to have to come up with a better plan than my previous one...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Welcome, gentlemen.

Something which always happens in Slantember is I start wanting to try slants I've not used. There aren't many other than Unobtanium slants that I want to try. The main two have already been mentioned which is a very bad sign as it's still August.
  • RR Wunderbar
  • Merkur 37
The good thing is I seem better able to control my purchases of razors now than in the past. Part of that is due to the slant I'll be mostly using during Slantember.

I'll be focused on posts which compare the 37 and the Wunderbar to other slants.

This should be fun.

Jim

Deal me in. I’ve been waiting for this. [emoji16]

Slants are all I use. I’ll never use another straight bar razor.

My arsenal for Slantember:

L-R:

Lo Sorto Originale
Lo Sorto Gentile
Parker Semi-Slant
Merkur 39c
Merkur 37c

proxy.php

BOSC;AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;WISE;CoA;SASA;FOCS Lover

Haven't touched my ATT S2 or my Wunderbar in quite some time. It will be an adventure. I'll also participate in SEptember just to be inclusive.

I'm in also for OCtober.

I will be joining in with the sole slant I have; the popular Merkur 37C. It will also be a fixed four comprising Gillette Nacet blades, Proraso Sandalwood soap and Simpsons Commodore X3 brush.

I look forward to this Slantember eagerly...saw this last year but haven't any slant razor as yet.
I am happy to join in this time around since I have 2 slants and are considering another...
I am ready Slantember!!

Top Bottom