JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Razor: Schick adjustable injector M1
Blade: Chick, shave #4
Soap: Razorock Don Marco
Brush: Stirling boaR
Pre-shave: shower
Post shave: Thayer's WH folowed by Pinaud Clubman A/S splash

Did not get the whole setup, but here was my lather.

Just getting back to the injector after a 45-year layoff. Wonderful DFS shave today.

DM4.jpg

Last edited:
September 6
Schick Type M2 (with guard protector lever)
Schick Injector II blade (1)
28mm Timberwolf in Trotter Handcrafts "Cities from Space"
Mystic Water Soap Sensitive Skin

20210905_064114.jpg

My first use of a twin blade in an injector, and a new to me Type M. Fantastic shave! Set at 3, it produced smooth as glass results.

Hope all in USA have an enjoyable Labor Day!

September 6
Schick Type M2 (with guard protector lever)
Schick Injector II blade (1)
28mm Timberwolf in Trotter Handcrafts "Cities from Space"
Mystic Water Soap Sensitive Skin

View attachment 1323682

My first use of a twin blade in an injector, and a new to me Type M. Fantastic shave! Set at 3, it produced smooth as glass results.

Hope all in USA have an enjoyable Labor Day!
Do you normally set it at 3 or did the twin blades cause you to dial it down?

Do you normally set it at 3 or did the twin blades cause you to dial it down?

Hi Ted! Yeah, it was the blades, being an unknown to me, so I dialed back to preserve my face should the outing prove difficult!
It impressed me how easy it went, but at times, I had difficulty knowing if anything was happening, especially by the end. Lack of audible and tactile feedback had me applying pressure. So tomorrow I will bump it up to 4. I really like 5 with my Type M1.

What a great shave! You know, they were onto something with twin blades. Imagine making it triple! And to prevent odd angling of the wrist and arm, what if the head swiveled? And as we love great slick soaps with good post shave properties, what if we add some sort of skin balm strip to the razor? :lol1:

20210905_082422.jpg

Razor: Gem Feather Weight, Onyx
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Hi Ted! Yeah, it was the blades, being an unknown to me, so I dialed back to preserve my face should the outing prove difficult!
It impressed me how easy it went, but at times, I had difficulty knowing if anything was happening, especially by the end. Lack of audible and tactile feedback had me applying pressure. So tomorrow I will bump it up to 4. I really like 5 with my Type M1.

What a great shave! You know, they were onto something with twin blades. Imagine making it triple! And to prevent odd angling of the wrist and arm, what if the head swiveled? And as we love great slick soaps with good post shave properties, what if we add some sort of skin balm strip to the razor? :lol1:
How about warm and vibrating?

Gem Heavy Flat Top
Gem PTFE (2)
Omega S-Brush
Proraso White, bowl lathered
Witch Hazel

I have two G bars. For some reason, one shaves better than the other. This was the one that doesn't behave as well as the other. Yet, I still got a decent two pass shave without irritation. That said, I have something dermatological going on. Not shave related, but I may have to skip some shaves.
A48D7994-CEDB-43F0-9BB6-95487BB40CE7.jpeg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Pre-shave: shower
Razor: Schick adjustable injector M1
Blade: Chick, shave #5
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Lavender
Brush: TGN Silvertip 24mm reknotted Ever Ready 150
Post shave: Thayer's WH folowed by B&M Reserve Lavender A/S splash

DFS+, 9.5 / 10

20210907_shave.jpg

This soap was finnicky for me when I started with it, but now that I am dialing it in, it's fast becoming a favorite.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
RazoRock BlackHawk V2
Kai P!nk Mild (1)
Maggards 30mm synthetic brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: Face wash with PdP milk bath soap
Lather: Col Conk Unscented
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower

Fun razor. I’m a lot more used to the MMOC these days and my aftershave reminded me.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, Tue, SEptemper 7th 2021

Razor: Everready Streamline 2nd generation- MFG 1949-53, great upper mid range IMO, nice eye candy, built to last, solid brass head & good audio feed back.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) excellent blade, Very sharp with great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Lavanda cream- mild scented cream with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrubber + great painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: witch hazel + Lavanda with WH + a dollop of CeraVe skin moisturiser.(no fragrance)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my ER streamliner 2nd Gen + coated Gem Blade.

SOTD,  Sep 7th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Parker V1 Adjustable Injector
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic striped handle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210906_083249.jpg

Sept 7 Shave: Shout Out to Supply

555900B7-DADC-4369-9757-0B7837C18390_1_201_a.jpeg

Razor: Supply Injector
Soap: Supply Calm Shaving Cream
AS: Supply Calm

Nice shave this morning. I'm not crazy about the razor, but it does provide very good shaves. This is the first time I've tried the Supply shaving cream and aftershave and I was pleasantly surprised with both. The cream is slick and protective and super easy to lather. The aftershave is alcohol free so no sting and was very soothing. The Calm scent is delightful as well. Overall a very nice shaving experience.

Top Bottom