What's new

Single Edge SEptember 2021

proxy.php

I2 with Personna blade. After giving it a try on 2 different occassions, I must come to the conclusion the Personna blades just aren't comfy for me. I'll stick with the Schick blades! The Cella will always be in my drawer, I cannot not like it!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Sep 3rd 2021

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur V1- Mfg 2021- excellent tame mid range, nice to manipulate the face & light weight. Aluminum handle.
Blade: Kai Protouch(6)+ Chinese Blue brand(1) The Protouch seemed tuggy so changed out to the Blue brand. Protouch excellent blade, Blue brand are OK, Very sharp, but not a lot of longevity I'm finding. 50 mm blades that sit for some time will lose some sharpness! Gem PTFE rules for longevity IMO.
Soap: Gillette Pure cream, nice scent with great lather qualities at a great price.
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, excellent scrubber + great lather painter + great for folks with large hands that like a nice scrub IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock American barber(nice scent with staying power)with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm with HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur V1 with a Blue blade.
SOTD,  Sep 3rd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SEptember the Third
Snoopy the World War I Flying ace swoops in to lather the whiskers with a trusty dose of PAA CaD.
As the whiskers are covered by Snoopy’s relentless presence my MMOC & GEM PTFE team up to enter the fray.
It was chaos!
There was lather here, there, and everywhere. But Snoopy and the MMOC weren’t done with those trick whiskers, oh no not done at all.
After regrouping Snoopy laid down additional cover and the MMOC took another pass.
As a hush fell over the bathroom and the lather cleared it became readily apparent: VICTORY! The whiskers were banished for another day.
Aqua Velva Ice Blue covered the field to complete Operation Smooth.
FAC31E31-B1CB-4B83-9691-DCCB9DB6ABFD.jpeg
19B5D3D5-09CA-4F61-9879-7C047F00B17E.jpeg
E7CE81C2-8386-4B5A-A7B8-FE860E5AB72F.jpeg

Sept 3 Shave: I call it "Ode to Grandpa"

454F07C1-0AE3-45F8-ADD3-FC69A98A0ADF_1_201_a.jpeg

Razor: Schick Injector (I think E series)
Soap: PAA Cold Spices
A/S: PAA Cold Spices
Brush: Stirling fan knot

Really nice shave overall. Haven't used this razor in years and was reminded how good it is. Love the PAA Cold Spices as my grandpa always used Old Spice back in the day and I believe PAA has captured that scent along with a nice menthol kick. Really like the Stirling brush....probably my favorite so far.

Razor: AutoStrop A2
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210902_082548.jpg

She cuts stubble in all the gears!

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Friday September 3, 2021 (SEptember 2th)
Razor: RazoRock Stainless Hawk V3SB
Blade: Kai Mild Pink (4)
Brush: Omega 10005 Boar
Soap: Yardley Almond

IMG_0547[1].JPG

This was the first AC razor that was mild enough to let me build the technique for more aggressive razors. Lovely shaver. It was nice to revisit it this morning. We journeyed to a nice DFS.

O.H.

SOTD: Friday September 3, 2021 (SEptember 2th)
Razor: RazoRock Stainless Hawk V3SB
Blade: Kai Mild Pink (4)
Brush: Omega 10005 Boar
Soap: Yardley Almond

View attachment 1322083

This was the first AC razor that was mild enough to let me build the technique for more aggressive razors. Lovely shaver. It was nice to revisit it this morning. We journeyed to a nice DFS.

O.H.
I agree with you on the Hawk V3. I started with a borrowed Vector, but after trying 4 or 5 different blades, I just couldn't find the right angle, pressure, or technique. Which is a shame, since the Vector is something I really, really want to love! Maybe after a lot more time with the Hawk, and the General, I will try again! Life's too short for bad shaves, so I moved on.

I started today, September 1 with my Supply injector that hasn't been used in a long time. Pretty good shave...sorry I didn't have time to take a picture. Will do better tomorrow when I bring out my Colonial General.
I'm an exclusive supply CO 2.0 user after a few years of experimentation, using all the plates for months at a time and trying Schick blades. I've settled on the blades supply sells (twice the thickness of schick's, and sharp as heck for two weeks of solid shaves where I quit while I'm ahead and just change the blade). I use the dot one plate my beard is sort of average in density and such. Very happy. Perfection for me.

Bump Fighter
Weirdy Beardy shave cream, brushless
Aqua Velva 5 in 1 after shave balm

Bump Fighter might be stretching the definition of a single edge, being a cartridge razor, but there is only one blade. Guarded, so you don't get a close shave. I use it when I need a shave, but I shaved too closely the day before.
EC913789-BD8B-4E29-B01E-5D391CB147BF.jpeg

Top Bottom