Rudy Vey Shavemac
Razorock soap
Gillette ASB

16305324111138982458945624394381.jpg

Young Any Angle
Personna Gem - De-spined and modded
Alpha SHD Manchurian
La Toja

My first SEptember entry and its doubles as a Slantember as well.
Normally SE's don't really work comfortably in slant mode, but this has a spring that allows you to flick the head over to the opposite side with your thumb.

Its a vintage dating back to 1910. Other than cleaning it with soap and water, I've left the patina as I received it.

Its a mild shaver and I suspect that some blade/shim experimentation is needed.​

SOTD210902.jpg

Gem Micromatic, closed comb Bullet Tip
Gem PTFE (1)
Vie Long horse
La Toja, face lathered
Stetson Cooling Moisture After Shave

One tiny nick, which I often get first shave with a different razor. And the Micromatic is quite different from my usual DE razor rotation. Really like them. Construction is great. That's why there are so many still around, what? 70, 80 years later?
E1C7FEFD-23BA-46F4-8A3D-9480D7A10FB4.jpeg

And La Toja...what can I say. Every time I use it, which isn't that often, I ask myself, "Why am I not using this every day?" Definitely a desert island soap.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s shave
Micromatic Open Comb
Personna GEM PTFE (4)
Maggards 30mm synthetic brush
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Pre-shave: face wash with PdP Milk bath soap
Lather: ARKO!
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower

First SEptember shave in the books

SEptember 2, 2021
Two pass with XTG goatee touch up for a great shave. EVER READY 1914 Little Lather Catcher is very efficient and a nice shaver. I do not have much experience with it, just a couple of shaves so I have to fix that.
I chose CRS Sublime Citrus for it’s scent and it’s the first cream I’ve used for a while m; excellent choice.

Fulfilling lathering duties was my Simpsons Chubby 3 LE Sovereign Fibre brush. I hated this brush the first two or three times I used it! It was tight and didn’t splay well, there was way more scritch/face presence than any of my other synthetic brushes, I thought I had made a big mistake. But, it just needed to relax a little and open up. Patience Grasshopper! It pays off and now I adore this brush, it makes incredible lather and feels fantastic.
2D77585C-C8F4-475F-A135-89AC982C9CFA.jpeg
4CFCF57D-CD6F-464E-B893-766E31CC1F0A.jpeg
3C02B940-3B8E-45C5-9F28-B2ABFD441D80.jpeg

Sept 2 Shave:

tempImagefPTc3h.jpg

Razor: Colonial The General V2
Soap: Cella Bio
AS: Cella Bio
Brush: Semogue Mistrua Taj

Really good shave today with The General and Cella Bio....smooth, close and comfortable. I normally use DE razors so this is going to be fun shaving with SE's for Sept. I have a few older Schick injectors, a Supply injector and The General....will rotate between what I have for the month. Haven't used Cella Bio but a couple of shaves and I find it a pretty good performer...super slick with a pleasant scent. Not quite as good as some of my artisan soaps, but close.

Last edited:
Razor: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20210901_082159.jpg

SEptember 2, 2021

Three-pass shave with a Schick I1 razor and Schick injector blade. Significantly smoother shave than with the Vector at a shallow angle, but only because I didn’t have the angle dialed in just right. I seem to have not mowed much stubble, resulting in an irritation-free but CCS/DFS- below the jaw, but BBS along the cheeks. I can live with that!

Happy SE shaving everyone!

Razor: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
View attachment 1321561

Nice! The PAL might be my next acquisition. It amazes me how expensive everything is on eBay and then all of a sudden there’s a massive bargain that nobody jumps on. I’ve picked up several great razors this way. I need to look into BST also.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Tonight’s shave
Herold 142Ri2 calfhide strop
My grandpa’s straight razor (Tuckmar World Known)
Schick E3 Injector
Schick (1)
Lather: Col Conk Unscented
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Aftershave; Ulm Nom

1630634148107.jpeg

I can’t sharpen razors as good as I can sharpen kitchen knives, but that Injector… Ooh-wee mama! It had no idea how inept I am and gave me a ridiculously close shave.

Tonight’s shave
Herold 142Ri2 calfhide strop
My grandpa’s straight razor (Tuckmar World Known)
Schick E3 Injector
Schick (1)
Lather: Col Conk Unscented
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky
Aftershave; Ulm Nom

View attachment 1321786

I can’t sharpen razors as good as I can sharpen kitchen knives, but that Injector… Ooh-wee mama! It had no idea how inept I am and gave me a ridiculously close shave.
Great read, and now I have a new name for my wash cloths!

Top Bottom