What's new

Show us Your .32 cal. Pistols.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Didn't I once read; there's not much difference between .32 and .380 ...?

I mean. There is, and there isn't. Not a Nine, not a mousegun either.

Certainly JMB thought it sufficient! And all those baddies in the grey uniforms.

AA

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.

Certainly JMB thought it sufficient! And all those baddies in the grey uniforms.

AA
A 380 IS a 9. 9mm Kurz, 9mm Browning, 9mm Corto ...

AA
I have a 1922 vintage S&W hand ejector in 32-20, 5" barrel i think, and a Sig P238,.380 acp. Just shooting them the recoil from the larger, heavier revolver seems sharper than from the .380. No idea how that would relate to muzzle energy, but if i could have it in a defensive situation i think i would prefer it to the .380.

My Grandfather carried this Brunswig .32 cal. along with a M1911 in the European theater in WW1 with the newly formed 1St. Inf. Division.
WW1 005.JPG

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Back to the range again with the Walther Model 4. Still trying to get the rear sight adjusted but today was really really close. I think I'll stick with this position for awhile and maybe adjust the old eyes instead. This little pistol still has one of the best SA triggers I've ever found; a slight take up and then a crisp break. Almost no travel period.

Another 32 was a CZ 50 DA/SA that is simply a joy to shoot that has a safety/decocker. It is the only one with the button mag release.

The third pistol was another SA, an Italian Bernardelli Model 60. The Bernardelli may be the most accurate of the whole herd of 32s and likes to play neatly around pretty red marks. It's a smaller gun, Walther PPK, Sig P230, CZ 50 or Makarov size and basic shape and weighs in right at a pound and a half. It does not have a decocker but does have a really well designed half cocked position, a manual safety and a magazine safety. The Model 60 was one of the guns that failed to meet the requirements of the 1968 Gun Control Act but was remade with a Fuggly "Target Grip" and a set of rear adjustable sights that hung out over the frame and a totally unnecessary safety/decocker and renamed the Model 80.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Sweet pistolas, and style points are also awarded for anyone that EDCs a Walther, Mauser, et al!

AA

AA

Case and Point:
This is enroute:
459E2194-B9B0-4B40-8CCA-EBEAB48A7F8E.jpeg
0A6D929D-75B1-4A09-BBA4-60EB28A03D5E.jpeg
E4434ACA-141E-4756-A31B-63565E36B5D3.jpeg
C06AFE55-4D7E-40FB-BED7-C9376FE0BA06.jpeg

It’s a frame for a Beretta 85BB, a .380/ 9mm short. When I build it, I can use a .32 auto barrel or a .380 barrel. Same mags. Barrel swap takes all of 15-30 seconds.

Sweet pistolas, and style points are also awarded for anyone that EDCs a Walther, Mauser, et al!

AA
There is no way I could do that. If it is discharged in self defense, there is a great chance you will never see it again. Contrary to what others may have suggested, ever LEO I know or have spoken with have said it'll most likely be gone, and if not, will be put in "time-out" indefinitely.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
There is no way I could do that. If it is discharged in self defense, there is a great chance you will never see it again. Contrary to what others may have suggested, ever LEO I know or have spoken with have said it'll most likely be gone, and if not, will be put in "time-out" indefinitely.
Even if true I don't see that as a reason not to carry a parti9cular handgun. They are just things and if it is used in self defense then that was its purpose. If it does then get taken as evidence it is still just a thing and things can get replaced.

Even if true I don't see that as a reason not to carry a particular handgun. They are just things and if it is used in self defense then that was its purpose. If it does then get taken as evidence it is still just a thing and things can get replaced.
If the handgun has a significant value or worth to you and/or is irreplaceable, I wouldn’t carry it.

Ad Astra

The Instigator

During a recent "bear scare" on our street, I was carrying a Tokarev, 7.62x25mm. Flat, cheap, easy carry.

Yes, I know it over-penetrates. Something like 72" in ballistic gel. On a bear, that's ideal!

AA

Top Bottom