What's new

Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)?

Which category do you fall under?

• Total voters
What jacket?
Here's your straitjacket blazer Jim.:001_smile Big Nurse will dress you shortly. :wink2:

upload_2019-1-30_17-42-21.png

Really...? Oh, dear. A new category maybe?

Straights including Koraat, Rigarazor, Iwasaki, TI, Bökers, Rasoir Sabre, Fromm, Heljistrand, Filarmonica,early American Geo Korn.. Not to mention the tamahagane kamisoris..

Brushes handmade as well as Simpson and Semogue, super silver, Manchurian and boar.

Rocks (finishing hones) pulled from the ground outside of Kyoto in the 1800's.

Metallurgical microscopes that (thankfully) the grandkids can look at bugs with...

Yeah I'm done.

Straights including Koraat, Rigarazor, Iwasaki, TI, Bökers, Rasoir Sabre, Fromm, Heljistrand, Filarmonica,early American Geo Korn.. Not to mention the tamahagane kamisoris..

Brushes handmade as well as Simpson and Semogue, super silver, Manchurian and boar.

Metallurgical microscopes that (thankfully) the grandkids can look at bugs with...

Yeah I'm done.

Yep, yer fully cooked. When you start the microscope thread I want to follow it!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member

Yeah I'm done.

22r7eh.jpg

When you start the microscope thread I want to follow it!

Me too!

Yeah I'm done.

Thats a nice list of razors you have.
I've read good things about Rigarazor and almost bought one of his recently.
Got a Filarmonica 14 Doble Temple in good shape and have an early 13 coming.
Only Japanese razor I have is a Hoshi Tombo 8000.
Heljistrand is on my list, they go for silly prices though.

Don't have any Jnats, not sure I want to go anywhere near that rabbit hole. :001_rolle

Jnats are not much of a rabbit hole. I only have one, well now, two and a Nagura progression set and 3 or 4 tomo naguras. But that’s all. I’m not buying any more. Really.

Yeah I'm done.

You had me at brushes by Simpsons.

Swamp Thang LIVES....

I was so bummed when I found out it was delivered but my buddy claimed he did not received it.... I thought it lost forever but, somehow it turned up a the next delivery lol!

I cleaned her up best I can, this is the first bath she's had in decades I think lol.

IMG_20190216_141209.jpg
IMG_20190216_141241.jpg
IMG_20190216_142756.jpg

This was what she looked before.
Should you be “committed” to the BOSC (Brotherhood of Shaving Crazies)?

Now she can be sent to Russia for a mate to use it as a template for his new razors!

I cleaned her up best I can, this is the first bath she's had in decades I think lol.
That's looking very nice mawashi. :001_cool:

If you want to take it to the next level, get a jeweler's fine brass wire brush to clean between the teeth and other awkward places, and polish those awkward places with (soft) old toothbrushes and Q-tips.

That's looking very nice mawashi. :001_cool:

If you want to take it to the next level, get a jeweler's fine brass wire brush to clean between the teeth and other awkward places, and polish those awkward places with (soft) old toothbrushes and Q-tips.

Thanks Cal,

Dang... I need to get me one of those. Have a bunch of razors to restore. All I have at the moment is autosol, brasso, Q-tips and a toothbrush.

Took an hr just to get it cleaned so far... I think the jeweler's brass wire will be great for my straights. For some reason the grooves along the shoulders are all black.

Btw, why does it look so weird. Red and yellow brass, why isn't it uniformed yellow or red?

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Nice SC.

AutoSol on the toothbrush will polish between the teeth. Use dish soap on the toothbrush after to clean any remaining polish off.

I'm not sure why the different Brass types. Red Brass tarnishes to black quickly. It you leave water drops on the cap, they'll be black spots the next day. That wipes right off with AutoSol though so not a problem. Yellow Brass dulls and loses its shine before taking a dark tarnish and it takes a lot longer.

If you put a drop of Brasso on your finger and rub your fingers together you might feel the very fine grit like sand. If you do, dont use it, it will scratch.

Use the AutoSol on a soft clean cloth and polish until it turns black, which wont take long. Buff it off with a clean dry cloth. It will shine like a mirror in no time.

Hey Mike,

Yup I do check on brasso, new in the can it's great but once the solvent wears off you'll get a grainy mess that is like a bed of sand.

The strange thing is autosol feels more grainy and it dries in no time, I had to add a couple of drops of singer oil to keep it usable for a bit longer.

Here's some of the razors I be cleaning up rofl.
IMG_20190210_183828.jpg

Muahahahaha lol!

Top Bottom