What's new

Shaving in the Summertime

I've got a shipment coming with Osage Rub and Lime Sec in it. I've only just started using aftercare for my shaving, so I'm excited to start with these summer scents.

Stirling Orange Chill with a little extra menthol essential oil, still use a warm lather. For after shave I love bay rum I also have a lemon aftershave from Stirling. I will add sometimes I will use Synergy mentholated preshave butter balm.

Lucky Tiger Face Tonic in the refrigerator.

Yummy refreshing citrus blast.

$LCT-00130-1.jpg

Cool water in the winter...
Cold water with ice in the summer (Texas) and the soap changes to QCS Vostok - Baby...
Always a hot water rinse followed by ice water wash cloth...SWMBO asks why I am waterboarding myself...

AS is currently something from the lab...this week its "3G"

I've put away my sandalwoods and Alt Innsbruck.

My rotation for spring/summer tends to stay mentholated: Proraso, Stirling Glacial and Margaritas in the Arctic. I really enjoy the fresh scent and MITA is growing on me.

Pre-shave is always Proraso green.

I will switch to cold shaving as the temp nears 100 F. May also try adding menthol to my Proraso splash.

Add me to those who don't like menthol in shave lathers. I don't like it in too many things but when I do like it, it seems I cannot get enough. Like Alt Innsbruck. Menthol and tobacco flower are the two main characters in it but I can slather it on with no problem. Aqua Velva? Forget it. Face goes numb and all that. Just this morning I tried using I Coloniali mango soap and again, I was put off by its menthol content which is actually quite mild. Oi. I don't work well with Eucalyptus either.

One thing to consider if you like the artisan soaps is that many of the soap makers will use spearmint or peppermint for cooling. I like the spearmint and can do without the peppermint. Spearmint gives a cooling effect I like without the numbing feeling menthol can sometimes cause. In any case I prefer the cooling sensation to be minimal. I do wish we could get a great lather like Mystic Water in a Florida Water scent. I'd be right happy with that.

Cheers, Todd

Never really changed much but I'll try my yeti snot more. People keep mentioning Stirling orange, think I'll need to try some.

I am using Osage rub this summer. The Menthol scent dissipates rather quickly. For me the remaining scent is like a light clubman talc powder it's an old school barber shop scent that I like. It reminds me of my grandfather and it puts me in a good mood in the morning.

Cold water shaves(year round), AV, Skin Bracer, Osage Rub, C.O Bigelow, TSD Iced Sub Zero and Miike's Lime are in heavy rotation.

I am using Osage rub this summer. The Menthol scent dissipates rather quickly. For me the remaining scent is like a light clubman talc powder it's an old school barber shop scent that I like. It reminds me of my grandfather and it puts me in a good mood in the morning.

I agree. I also use Lucky Tiger aftershave cream and the Vicks scent also dissipates.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Summertime? Shoot, I just mailed a case of Snake Bite to the guys on the TV show The Deadliest Catch. They sent me a letter back and promised not to splash it on till they were on deck and it's below zero.

Last edited:
I like to move to more summer scents I usually roll them out in the spring but I have just moved to TOBS Grapefruit and DR Harris Pink Aftershave.

Regards
Dave

Top Bottom