What's new

Shaving in the Summertime

You're the first one to bring it to my attention. I just ordered one so I won't have a summer meltdown!

You won't be disappointed. I live in Texas so I know a little about hot summers. Snakebite is the first real face freezer I gave tried but Osage Rub and Kramperts are on my list now.

Great thread, I began DE shaving last fall and I was also very lucky to score some Yeti Snot. I have tried it once and have decided to relegate it to days at and above 90! So, until then, it is Poraso green. I be checking back regularly to learn mew ways to keep cool.

The only thing I change about my morning shave from cold weather months to warm weather months is the choice of beverage I consume while shaving. Some drink tea. Some drink coffee. Some drink orange juice. When I shave in the morning I prefer a Whiskey (Makers 46) Sour in the winter and I change to Gin (Saphire) and Tonic in the summer.

Oh, I may drop an additional bit of menthol in the lather bowl if its forecasted to be above 100 that day.

I use MG5 AS a lot in the summer and hotter months. Has a slight cooling effect and makes my face fee great.

Since I shave in the shower, I turn off the hot water and turn on the cold full blast after a shave. Completely rinse my face with the cold water and it helps seal up the pores and prevents that dreaded "sweaty summer neck irritation" :scared:

On very warn mornings:
Cold water prep.
Proraso Green / C.O. Bigelow or Noxema (yes, try it if you haven't yet).
A liberal splash of Murray and Lanman Florida Water.

Good to go for even the warmest days.

So in spite of the summer heat, this morning's 0400 shave consisted of Proraso green and a drop of natural peppermint oil. My face felt like it was buried in the face of a glacier after I rinsed. WOW. Outstanding shave.

Stayin' cool's easy...when you know how. :cool:

proxy.php

Niiiicccceeeee:thumbup1:

This will be my first summer of DE shaving. I plan on using my puck of Stirling MITA and the QCS Vostok(just arrived today) and Vostok ASB. I think the menthol will be very refreshing on the hot days. May even try the cold water shaving ....still learning the tricks

I dont shave with as warm as water in cooler weather.
proraso green preshave.
Mama bears awakenings cools my face amazingly... So I'm assuming all of her menthols are just as good. C.O. Big's is also a great menthol cooling cream.
cold water splash.
some of my faviorit after shaves with menthol is Floïd blue, fine snake bite, proraso splash, and aqua velva (altho i like the scent more some other days).
... If that dosnt give me my fix,
i have a menthol additive from another forum store that will get added to creams or aftershave... Even a drop in the cold water splash.

Proraso pre shave with menthol, then the prorasco green and finish with Mennen Skin Bracer. I also have a jar of the Menth-o-lator that I add to several shaving soaps. Only wish I could find some more of that product, but it is no longer available. I really enjoy the coolness of menthol.

Right now I'm basically all in on menthol products. Proraso Green, Lea Menthol, and Imgram shaving cream. For after shaves I have Skin Bracer, Barbasol Brisk, and Myrsol Forumla K.

I've been using Russian Everest Shaving Cream this week, it has a nice light soapy smell with a nice menthol kick. It's similar to Proraso Green, but it has more menthol and is slightly slicker. I've been finishing with freezing cold water and a generous splash of Proraso Aftershave Splash! Stay cool everyone!

Top Bottom