What's new

Shaving in the Summertime

Are You a Man of Menthol?

proxy.php

With summer upon us, our thoughts turn to staying cool. What are some products you turn to in the summer months? Is there anything you do differently in your shaving routine? Please come and share your tips and tricks for staying cool.

I got into a big citrus kick when the weather started warming up. Sometimes I'll add a little CO Bigelow to my Stirling Orange Chill to add a little extra chill.

Sometimes if it's really hot, instead of a cold water rinse after shaving, I will rub an ice cube (or a few) over my face and neck. Feels really good!

Proraso Green, Stirling Lemony Orange or Orange Chill. I'm thinking about ordering a sample of Yeti Snot to see what all the fuss is about. 5x the menthol? That'll cool you off real quick.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The standards like Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer are good, as is Floid.
Osage rub is a real face freezer, it's just too bad that it smells like Vicks Vapo-Rub!

I'm old enough now that if I wear Osage Rub, people don't ask "what's that fragrance you're wearing?" they ask "Did you throw your hip out?"

I keep using the CO Bigelow during the summer. I use much cooler water though from the shower all the way through the end of the shave. This summer, I'm thinking of trying a cool, refreshing aftershave instead of the alum block. Any recommendations?

QCS iced key lime and Vostok. I also break out the DR Harris Arlington and my Razorock XX. Also the scuttle gets less use.

I use ice on my face you're around. It works great especially after a rough shave.

Top Bottom