What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Got my Gerbault and I was the only bidder. Must have overbid :laugh: Now to get some blade banks...

proxy.php

proxy.php

This razor was manufactured by the Toledo national weapons factory in Spain.

It is within the military campaign team of the Spanish army. I have no information on at what time it was manufactured. It may be from 1950.

It will be a copy of a Gillette Safety Razor.

R

romsitsa

This razor was manufactured by the Toledo national weapons factory in Spain.

It is within the military campaign team of the Spanish army. I have no information on at what time it was manufactured. It may be from 1950.

It will be a copy of a Gillette Safety Razor.

Thanks for the ID, this head pops up from time to time, but was unidentified. The listing shows two different handles?

Adam

[QUOTE = "romsitsa, publicación: 10430984, miembro: 106656"]
Gracias por la identificación, esta cabeza aparece de vez en cuando, pero no fue identificada. El listado muestra dos asas diferentes?

Adán
[/CITAR]
Las dos primeras fotos son las de mi maquinilla de afeitar. Los otros son los que uso para ayudar con la identificación.

Actually, I got this Bakelite Handle Pre-War a few weeks ago ... Cheap. I bought it for the handle, since someone had scraped the top & baseplate down to red brass & it had corrosion pits and fleabites. It looked absolutely horrible.

It did shave as well as my best Pre-Wars, but it was so neglected & ugly looking that I just had to do something to restore its' self respect. A little wire brushing the pitted baseplate & polishing the head, then on to plating. While the one side is badly pitted, the other looks OK.
It's tied with 2 others for Best shave-of-the Week.
Re-nickled Bakelite Pre War 1.jpg
Re-nickled Bakelite Pre War 2.jpg

Got my Timeless Bronze OC 0.78 today.
I shaved with it this afternoon and WOW. I see my R41 getting a lot is Shelf time.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Got the razor & 100 Parker Platinum blades. Didn't really need the blades & only got the deal for the razor. Looks like the price went up $8 at the start of this month - it's a good deal anyway.

Anyone know who makes the razor?

It shaves great, the ends are covered, for those clumsy shavers worried about getting cut by protruding blade ends. Smooth enough shave that the razor alone is worth the price.

I was impressed enough with the shave that I put a better (heavier) handle on it.
View attachment 1032291
We believe over on the Tech Clone Wars thread that that head and the handle it came with is by Baili. I believe is it the BT-171. It is also believed to be the Razorock teck II, a Maggard Razors V3M and I just saw a Vikings blade version. So a good head. I like using the head with a Maggard Razors MR11 handle. I also got the wet shaving club version of the head. Hope you get some great shaves with it.

We believe over on the Tech Clone Wars thread that that head and the handle it came with is by Baili. I believe is it the BT-171. It is also believed to be the Razorock teck II, a Maggard Razors V3M and I just saw a Vikings blade version. So a good head. I like using the head with a Maggard Razors MR11 handle. I also got the wet shaving club version of the head. Hope you get some great shaves with it.
Thanks for that info! It's always good to know what I'm shaving with. Got 3 days of best shaves of the week with it - every bit as good as with any of my Techs.

Got this amazing New SC in the mail after an ebay OBO:

Karatsu_TFAshaverGilletteSC-1.JPG

Karatsu_TFAshaverGilletteSC-4.JPG

Seriously the best shave in a few months!

Attachments

• Karatsu_TFAshaverGilletteSC-2.JPG
    Karatsu_TFAshaverGilletteSC-2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • Karatsu_TFAshaverGilletteSC-3.JPG
    Karatsu_TFAshaverGilletteSC-3.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • Karatsu_TFAshaverGilletteSC-5.JPG
    Karatsu_TFAshaverGilletteSC-5.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Top Bottom