What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

In my continuing hunt for razor perfection (or just grow my rotation):

Karatsu_TFAshaverFatBoy-1.JPG
Karatsu_TFAshaverFatBoy-2.JPG
Karatsu_TFAshaverFatBoy-3.JPG

I was lucky, the seller didn't seem to exactly know what it was and I got a price that wasn't nearly as high as the rest of these that were selling at the time. It is in excellent condition (not never used like the seller claimed), but that is ok because once I get it all cleaned up and lubed up it will be put into my rotation along with my new to me Slim Adjustable, New Short Comb, Triangle Slot Tech, and a couple more that I am waiting to arrive from another seller. This Fat Boy though is in nice, clean, working, shave-able order. Looks to be a 1961 year Fat Boy. With just a little fading on the doors, and no wear anywhere else. The numbers are black and clear to read, and the last quarter turn to lock it down works as well. I am super glad to be able to give this razor a new home!

View attachment 1033584View attachment 1033585View attachment 1033586

I was lucky, the seller didn't seem to exactly know what it was and I got a price that wasn't nearly as high as the rest of these that were selling at the time. It is in excellent condition (not never used like the seller claimed), but that is ok because once I get it all cleaned up and lubed up it will be put into my rotation along with my new to me Slim Adjustable, New Short Comb, Triangle Slot Tech, and a couple more that I am waiting to arrive from another seller. This Fat Boy though is in nice, clean, working, shave-able order. Looks to be a 1961 year Fat Boy. With just a little fading on the doors, and no wear anywhere else. The numbers are black and clear to read, and the last quarter turn to lock it down works as well. I am super glad to be able to give this razor a new home!

Nice - well done! Let us know how you find the shaves. I am a Slim guy myself :thumbup1:

Payed more than I think this is worth, but I simply wanted it. Looks to be in good condition both the razor and the case.
At last I have them all three!

Screenshot_20191110-204658.jpg

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz

View attachment 1033584View attachment 1033585View attachment 1033586

Its growing! Awesome pick up.
I'm pleased to say this No.15 solid bar set should arrive soon.

View attachment 1033767

View attachment 1033768

Superb, Tom.
Payed more than I think this is worth, but I simply wanted it. Looks to be in good condition both the razor and the case.
At last I have them all three!

View attachment 1033795

The family is complete!

I'm pleased to say this No.15 solid bar set should arrive soon.

That is a nice set to look at. It's great that in the late teens, super clean sets like that can still be found - from a collector or otherwise.

They just don't make them like they used to and they haven't for a very long time.

-jim

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Modest by the standards I am seeing here but I just acquired my first US Super Speed, a 40s style W1 date code which makes it 1951 I believe. No plate loss and the case is reasonable. I will try this in the next couple of days but by my superficial visual inspection it looks similar to my UK Rocket HD which is a great shaver. The door opening and closing on the Rocket seems to me to be better engineered and smoother without the looseness apparent with this Super Speed. Maybe I am imagining it.
ss.jpg

Finally! The package arrived today. Prewar Fat Handle Tech and a Made Rite Badger brush. Both cleaned up nicely and the shave with new Voskhod blade was a perfect 10 hour shave

Top Bottom