What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Wow, amazing additions for you guys - the Milady is superb, the Dart supreme and the Wolfie just out of this world!

I also have good things happening, even if the below has not arrived back to me yet. Chris Evatt just today finished the 24K replate of this rare goldie 3rd generation Aristocrat that I dug out in Argentina, beat up and with 1000s of shaves under its belt already. Now en route to Cap Murphy for reassembly.

Happy shaves, everybody!

View attachment 1031694View attachment 1031695

That's just stunning 😎. I can't imagine the agony of waiting for it to arrive at your place.

1937 Rotbart set no. 9000 arrived today. Sorry for the photographer’s fingers in the mirror :blush:

Rotbart Mond-Extra razor and everything in superb shape, no zamac rot at all, just bright chrome and the nice black anodized aluminum handle without a scratch. Boar brush I think ...

I wonder if I dare try an 80+ year old shaving soap... it still smells very nice and perfumey. But hmmm think not... besides it would spoil the nice brand tag on the plastic wrapping. But cool it is nonetheless.

BBAE8277-53C5-43FC-ACFC-9E0D355B6046.jpeg

Last edited:
A beautiful Gillette NEW Criterion Deluxe Chromium arrived today from Seoul, Korea. It was the last razor I wanted for my humble den and it came to me quicker than anticipated. I had this razor previously in gold and loved the shave, but prefer the shine of this chromium.

IMG_3867.jpeg

I know this is blasphemous, but I am really content at the moment. My holdings (see another thread for my 10 razors) are a really a great mix of old, new, SB and OC. Life is good in my den here in St. Louis, MO USA! :thumbup:

Good for you, Thomas, and so very well deserved my friend!

...But alas, shortly after contentment comes boredom... but if you find the key to eternal contentment let me know :wink2: Until then I will keep collecting those Anglosaxon Aristos.

Got the razor & 100 Parker Platinum blades. Didn't really need the blades & only got the deal for the razor. Looks like the price went up $8 at the start of this month - it's a good deal anyway.

Anyone know who makes the razor?

It shaves great, the ends are covered, for those clumsy shavers worried about getting cut by protruding blade ends. Smooth enough shave that the razor alone is worth the price.

I was impressed enough with the shave that I put a better (heavier) handle on it.
Wet Shave Club Razor 2.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
1937 Rotbart set no. 9000 arrived today. Sorry for the photographer’s fingers in the mirror :blush:

Rotbart Mond-Extra razor and everything in superb shape, no zamac rot at all, just bright chrome and the nice black anodized aluminum handle without a scratch. Boar brush I think ...

I wonder if I dare try an 80+ year old shaving soap... it still smells very nice and perfumey. But hmmm think not... besides it would spoil the nice brand tag on the plastic wrapping. But cool it is nonetheless.

View attachment 1031870
Very nice set, congratulations. I like.

Top Bottom