What's new

Psycho Razor Owners Club

The short answer is to many. I have 20 Gillette Psycho Razors and 14 Keys. I also have 4 Grafco razors and 1 unbranded razor. When I bought one of the lots from a former prison employee He included a full box of razor blades they used at the prison. A few years back I had a local machine shop make me several replacement keys and I some of those still.
In 2016 we went thru the Great Flood in Baton Rouge, LA. Me and my family made it out OK but I did loose several razors and some of the thing I lost where some Gillette keys and razors.
So, what you're saying is that there are some Gillette Psycho keys lying somewhere at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico?

Let me just slip this scuba gear on real quick...

So, what you're saying is that there are some Gillette Psycho keys lying somewhere at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico?

Let me just slip this scuba gear on real quick...
Hahaha @Butzy about the scuba diving

Sad that happened though. Sorry for the loss that I'm sure was more then just razors.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone an event like that makes you realize what is really important in life and the things that do not matter that much in the big picture. I feel a little bad because when it comes to vintage collectible items we are just temporary care takers of the item until it is passed on to the next person. Unfortunately with the flood several items will not get passed on. Several pre 1910 Single ring Gillette cases along with paper and cardboard box did not survive. But enough about that let us get back to the reason we are here and that is to pool our knowledge about Psycho Razors show off what we have.

Thanks everyone an event like that makes you realize what is really important in life and the things that do not matter that much in the big picture. I feel a little bad because when it comes to vintage collectible items we are just temporary care takers of the item until it is passed on to the next person. Unfortunately with the flood several items will not get passed on. Several pre 1910 Single ring Gillette cases along with paper and cardboard box did not survive. But enough about that let us get back to the reason we are here and that is to pool our knowledge about Psycho Razors show off what we have.
I'm 1 year off with a 1911 in a rough case with paper, but I prefer the look of the Brass on the 1919 without case. Shame on the pre 1910. Was hunting for one until I got distracted. May revisit that idea......where was that scuba gear??? Wait up @Butzy .......
IMG_20180117_110442488_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20180117_110515115.jpg

Last edited:
Aside from the "Made in England" stamp on the top of the base plate, the only other stamps on mine is "D 4".
There's no markings that indicates that it's a Gillette other than it looked exactly like the the othe psycho tech I had.
What do you guys think? Real deal or a really good looking knock off?
20180117_083501.jpg

Aside from the "Made in England" stamp on the top of the base plate, the only other stamps on mine is "D 4".
There's no markings that indicates that it's a Gillette other than it looked exactly like the the othe psycho tech I had.
What do you guys think? Real deal or a really good looking knock off?
View attachment 853283
Date codes were a Gillette thing so I'm guessing a 4th quarter 1958, but besides Grafco there were apparently some other manufacturers. I defer to @Bobbers as with a collection like his I'm sure he has more knowledge and history to help with this kind of question. Regardless she's a nice specimen. Mines a T so I'm assuming it's a 1973 and not a 1948?

Cool. What year would a "T" date code be. 1973 I guess and not 1948 ??
Yeah, it'd be a 1973. Gillette was approached by the US Army to design the lock type razor in 1949, so a razor with a date code of T would have to be a '73... though I have never seen any that new to be honest. Does the razor say the country of manufacture? England, USA, Brazil?

Last edited:
Yeah, it'd be a 1973. Gillette was approached by the US Army to design the lock type razor in 1949, so a razor with a date code of T would have to be a '73... though I have never seen any that new to be honest. Does the razor say the country of manufacture? England, USA, Brazil?
IMG_20180117_120516216.jpg

Has Reg USA as well as Marcas Regs

Last edited:
Generally, if you remove the cap and look at the top of the razor plate, that's where you'll see the country of manufacture listed (if any)

Can't tell you the origin for certain, someone with more knowledge than me might know but I think Brazil as most of the others from the USA and England have been marked.
Definitely a 1973 though. The end cap logo looks correct for that timeframe

it's real. I have its D4 twin!
Date codes were a Gillette thing so I'm guessing a 4th quarter 1958, but besides Grafco there were apparently some other manufacturers. I defer to @Bobbers as with a collection like his I'm sure he has more knowledge and history to help with this kind of question. Regardless she's a nice specimen. Mines a T so I'm assuming it's a 1973 and not a 1948?
Excellent, thanks guys!

Top Bottom