What's new

Superior Cuts 3-D Printed Razor

I am posting here as I have seen reactions from people about this razor, not something I expected. I thought about posting before I went to sleep (I live in the USA) but wanted to see how people reacted. I generally would recommend smaller products or comment really on what someone else got that I already have but it looks like a few people have been interested in this so I am happy to post this all together and start a thread.

Here are my pictures from the Safety Razor Acquisition thread.

Superior Cuts, Open Comb, 0.4,0.6,0.8mm plates, Made in Croatia, 3 D printed razor (first 3d printed razor I ever had of any kind a fully printed one at that), this one is a 95 mm handle

20231209_162425.jpg

20231209_162453.jpg

Superior Cuts, Sold Bar (Closed Comb), 0.4,0.6,0.8mm plates, Made in Croatia, 3 D printed razor, this one is a 85 mm handle but of course the handle has the same threading for both so wanted a shorter and longer handle whenever I felt like it

20231209_162527.jpg

20231209_162538.jpg

My 1976 Tech V1 (year and quarter) with aluminum handle weighs 29 grams, hollow handle Souplex weighs 27 grams while this weighs 17 grams just to compare so my lightest razor to date.

Here is my SOTD, DecemBOAR, Double Edge DEcember 2023 and What did you use today? Rate the shave review. I will just put the link as all the information is there as to how my shave went with this razor.

In regards to where you can get this, @Cal put the link and I will as well with the cool 3-D picture of the razor and its various handles and base plates.

1702216924595.png

Thank you @Cal for posting this on the SOTD Thread.

(Same as above but I wanted to give credit to Cal for posting this).

@Mr Konrad Dundee here are the more pictures you were asking about. They are above from my own pictures, I can add more if you wish its just super early here in the morning the USA so when I actually am up and awake, I'll be happy to add them if you wish.

@Obetron Rex I ordered from the seller and it took about 2 weeks to get to me. I ordered I on November 25 and I got the razors yesterday on December 9. It goes thru Croatia Post then USPS, it went thru New York then from there so the normal for anything overseas really but it came, I was able to track the order once it got into the US.

Pleaaaaseeeeee share some more pictures of this thing??

Do they happen to have the handle in pink, asking for my fans? 🤪

@Shaun asleep I doubt there are other colors rofl but think of it this way, its grey and it means business. Sometimes we like shiny stuff but that is all show but where is the substance I say...... 🤔

You little enabler, you! Nice find! I had to immediate look that up when I saw the neat stand and razor in your picture. So for the OC and SB plates you basically made two purchases then, right?

Enjoy!

Guido.

@Guido75 Yes I know I did answer your question but just wanted to make sure plus if others had the same question as well, I did order both sets, I could not help it especially with the price plus I wanted a larger handle and smaller one.

I think I answered everyone's questions who had a comment thus far. I can answer more questions, post more pictures later but like I said its early here for me, I don't sleep well anyways so that is not an issue regardless.

One more thing, but I think this got fixed on ebay going thru the options, if say a handle size is not available for what base plate you want so like say an OC shows an 80mm as being sold out, you can buy say a 75mm then contact the seller, Bruno, and he will be able to print out an 80mm for you.

It looks like ebay fixed that for him as when I was buying, which worked out anyways, I had to pick the options with the handle as they were not available ie showing sold out. He talks about it in his description but I didn't read it, I just wanted to make sure I got what I wanted before it sold out, which I did. I then messaged him to confirm and it was all good, no issues, nice and easy.

I hope that helps for now and that everyone that mentioned or asked questions got their answers. Anything else, feel free to post here, I will do my best to answer whatever I can. Like I said, I thought about starting this thread but wanted to see if there would be interest. Anyhow like I said feel free to post, ask questions, comment, whatever you like.

Last edited:
I am posting here as I have seen reactions from people about this razor, not something I expected. I thought about posting before I went to sleep (I live in the USA) but wanted to see how people reacted. I generally would recommend smaller products or comment really on what someone else got that I already have but it looks like a few people have been interested in this so I am happy to post this all together and start a thread.

Superior Cuts, Open Comb, 0.4,0.6,0.8mm plates, Made in Croatia, 3 D printed razor (first 3d printed razor I ever had of any kind a fully printed one at that), this one is a 95 mm handle

20231209_162425.jpg

20231209_162453.jpg

Superior Cuts, Sold Bar (Closed Comb), 0.4,0.6,0.8mm plates, Made in Croatia, 3 D printed razor, this one is a 85 mm handle but of course the handle has the same threading for both so wanted a shorter and longer handle whenever I felt like it

20231209_162527.jpg

20231209_162538.jpg

My 1976 Tech V1 (year and quarter) with aluminum handle weighs 29 grams, hollow handle Souplex weighs 27 grams while this weighs 17 grams just to compare so my lightest razor to date.

Here is my SOTD, DecemBOAR, Double Edge DEcember 2023 and What did you use today? Rate the shave review. I will just put the link as all the information is there as to how my shave went with this razor.

In regards to where you can get this, @Cal put the link and I will as well with the cool 3-D picture of the razor and its various handles and base plates.

View attachment 1761891

@Mr Konrad Dundee here are the more pictures you were asking about. They are above from my own pictures, I can add more if you wish its just super early here in the morning the USA so when I actually am up and awake, I'll be happy to add them if you wish.

@Obetron Rex I ordered from the seller and it took about 2 weeks to get to me. I ordered I on November 25 and I got the razors yesterday on December 9. It goes thru Croatia Post then USPS, it went thru New York then from there so the normal for anything overseas really but it came, I was able to track the order once it got into the US.

@Shaun asleep I doubt there are other colors rofl but think of it this way, its grey and it means business. Sometimes we like shiny stuff but that is all show but where is the substance I say...... 🤔

@Guido75 Yes I know I did answer your question but just wanted to make sure plus if others had the same question as well, I did order both sets, I could not help it especially with the price plus I wanted a larger handle and smaller one.

I think I answered everyone's questions who had a comment thus far. I can answer more questions, post more pictures later but like I said its early here for me, I don't sleep well anyways so that is not an issue regardless.

One more thing, but I think this got fixed on ebay going thru the options, if say a handle size is not available for what base plate you want so like say an OC shows an 80mm as being sold out, you can buy say a 75mm then contact the seller, Bruno, and he will be able to print out an 80mm for you.

It looks like ebay fixed that for him as when I was buying, which worked out anyways, I had to pick the options with the handle as they were not available ie showing sold out. He talks about it in his description but I didn't read it, I just wanted to make sure I got what I wanted before it sold out, which I did. I then messaged him to confirm and it was all good, no issues, nice and easy.

I hope that helps for now and that everyone that mentioned or asked questions got their answers. Anything else, feel free to post here, I will do my best to answer whatever I can. Like I said, I thought about starting this thread but wanted to see if there would be interest. Anyhow like I said feel free to post, ask questions, comment, whatever you like.
Very interesting. It's nice to see other 3d printing enthusiasts contributing to the hobby. It's similar to the design I discussed about a year ago on other forums.

20231209_162425.jpg

20231209_162453.jpg

20231209_162527.jpg

20231209_162538.jpg

View attachment 1761891

By the way, my multi-plate design is available as a free download for personal use. And it now works with the Fat Handle Gillette Tech. Feel free to try it.

By the way, my multi-plate design is available as a free download for personal use. And it now works with the Fat Handle Gillette Tech. Feel free to try it.
I don't have a 3-D printer myself would need to get someone to print it for me but very interesting. So you print the base plate and cap I assume as 3-D but use the Fat Handle Gillette Tech as the handle?

I don't have a 3-D printer myself would need to get someone to print it for me but very interesting. So you print the base plate and cap I assume as 3-D but use the Fat Handle Gillette Tech as the handle?
Only the base plates. These plates convert the rather mild GT into a semi-adjustable razor with different levels of aggression. But they also work on my fully 3D-printed razor. I have several variations of the GT anvil, but not everyone has a GT, that's why I made them compatible with the fully printed safety razor.

Only the base plates. These plates convert the rather mild GT into a semi-adjustable razor with different levels of aggression. But they also work on my fully 3D-printed razor. I have several variations of the GT anvil, but not everyone has a GT, that's why I made them compatible with the fully printed safety razor.

Thats quite impressive I must say and cool.

I actually like the idea of yours more than the superior cut lay-out.
First time I saw your post I was wondering how long it would take for someone to set up a 3d printed razor shop... Turns out not too long.

Why arent you cashing in on this?
I really like your plates, but perhaps I as a Tech lover am a bit biased.
I hear you loud and clear. There is always room to enhance our wet-shaving community with options. But I, like many appreciate the wealth of knowledge and contributions made available for free by our fellow members, so, licensing and providing my designs as free downloads for personal non-commercial use is my way of giving back. If it sparks a different idea for others, then it is what it is. I'm sure you see the resemblance. I sent you a PM

I'm glad @purecro created this post as it only makes others aware of other options to enhance our wet-shaving community, at a cost, or for free.

Attachments

• 20231210_094733-EDIT.jpg
    20231210_094733-EDIT.jpg
    851.3 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Super interesting! Many thanks.

This might be the future. I wish I had 1.) the 3D printer 2.) the skills needed and could print my own custom-made and perfectly fitting razor stands. Different color PLA filament (I think this is what the raw material for printers is called) exist, and as long as nobody starts printing out pink razors for a certain forum member, I think this is absolutely rad.

Top Bottom