What's new

Psycho Razor Owners Club

I've got something in the works that this group will get a good kick out of... stay tuned in the coming weeks and I'll post some pics

What membership level do I qualify for?
IMG_1152.JPG

Yeah, someone did a post on all of them. I thought it was here on B&B but it must not have been. I'll try to find it. If I remember correctly there are several

Here is my D4 Made in England Psycho Tech. It was a NOS when I bought it, but the seller kept the key for the one he was keeping, so I had to make my key.
I notice your key and just wanted to compliment you on your work. Do you have more of a story on how you made it.

Nice! How many do you have?
The short answer is to many. I have 20 Gillette Psycho Razors and 14 Keys. I also have 4 Grafco razors and 1 unbranded razor. When I bought one of the lots from a former prison employee He included a full box of razor blades they used at the prison. A few years back I had a local machine shop make me several replacement keys and I some of those still.
In 2016 we went thru the Great Flood in Baton Rouge, LA. Me and my family made it out OK but I did loose several razors and some of the thing I lost where some Gillette keys and razors.

I notice your key and just wanted to compliment you on your work. Do you have more of a story on how you made it.
Thank you.
There's not much of a story on how I made the key. At the time I still had my other psycho tech with a aftermarket key that looks very similar to yours and used it for measurements. The main portion of the key is an aluminum car door lock pull nob with a stainless steel hex machine screw inserted into it.
I did have to cut the nob down a little and had to drill and tap a new thread to fit the screw.
I made a total of five keys. I would have had six but the first attempt was a total failure. Here's a picture of them all.
20180116_212653.jpg

The short answer is to many. I have 20 Gillette Psycho Razors and 14 Keys. I also have 4 Grafco razors and 1 unbranded razor. When I bought one of the lots from a former prison employee He included a full box of razor blades they used at the prison. A few years back I had a local machine shop make me several replacement keys and I some of those still.
In 2016 we went thru the Great Flood in Baton Rouge, LA. Me and my family made it out OK but I did loose several razors and some of the thing I lost where some Gillette keys and razors.
That's quite a lot of prison razors!
The loss of a couple razors and keys is a small price to pay in exchange for your family surviving the flood.
Did ever try the prison issued DE blades? If so, were they any good?

Top Bottom