What's new

Psycho Razor Owners Club

So some new to wet shavers may not be aware of the "Psycho Razor" produced by Gillette for prisons/asylums so that inmates or patients could shave but not remove the blade in order to cut/harm themselves or others. So that this COOL razor isn't forgotten we are establishing this Club.

Honorary Membership = You owned a psycho razor in the past and at a momentary mentally incapacitated state sold it.
Fully Certifiable Member = You currently own (whether you use it to shave or keep because of the let's face it, COOL FACTOR.

Not required but if you have one please take the time to post a picture.

Just post "I'm in" and add to your signature line Psycho Razor Owners Club with an (HM) or (FCM) at the end indicating which membership you hold.
Here's a picture of mine. I unfortunately don't have an original key. Mine seen below is a reproduced one but have hopes of eventually getting an original key. I had a complete set years ago and at a stupid time when money was tight I sold it. regretted it and got this a couple years ago.
IMG_20180115_084047812.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180115_084015392.jpg
    IMG_20180115_084015392.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Welcome and Thanks!! I started to wonder if anyone would join. Looks like an original key too. Congrats

I'll join! Here is my D4 Made in England Psycho Tech. It was a NOS when I bought it, but the seller kept the key for the one he was keeping, so I had to make my key.
I used to have another, but sold it.
I use mine from time to time.
20180115_182323.jpg
20180115_182352.jpg
20180115_182422.jpg

I'd like to join. I don't own one, but I did deal with them many years ago when I was a corrections officer working in the big house.

I see a lot of Psycho razors pop up on eBay ...
Never seen one in the wild, though.
Let alone get to shave with it.

Where did you get yours from?

Honorary membership should probably also include those who have shaved with one but never held a key ;)
If you mean an original key that may be too exclusive as 1 key to 10 razors when produced will cut out too many people. Keys were reproduced by many different methods from screw drivers to some different but talented machined editions.

Besides Gillette, were there any other companies that put out #Security razors on a large scale?
I would need to research more but I believe there was at least 1 other company from Germany (Grafco)Perhaps others but I'm not sure.

If you mean an original key that may be too exclusive as 1 key to 10 razors when produced will cut out too many people. Keys were reproduced by many different methods from screw drivers to some different but talented machined editions.
Oh no no, I meant folks that may have had the “opportunity” to use the razors for its intended purpose

Oh no no, I meant folks that may have had the “opportunity” to use the razors for its intended purpose
That's Hilarious. I must have as my name says "misunderstood". By the way, being a FCM member we need you to add the club to your signature line to represent and attract more members :thumbsup:

Top Bottom