What's new

Superior Cuts 3-D Printed Razor

7th "Superior cuts" SOTD
SOTD-Sc-OC-O_2023-12-31.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" Silvertip D01 2-Band 14/42
Soap: Phoenix Atomic Age Bay Rum
Razor: Superior cuts OC 0.8 [3D printed razor] (7)
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (3)
ASL: Osage Rub

Another fine shave. :biggrin:

That's my seven-shave trial of the "Superior cuts" OC razor completed. It's an excellent razor for sure!
My New Year's Resolution is to have the first YELLOW "Superior cuts" OC set (with a 75mm handle). :clap:

Next shave, I think I'll give my somewhat neglected GRAIL RAZOR (SS OC Blackbird on lightweight handle) a little attention. :thumbsup:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
My New Year's Resolution has just been fulfilled.:clap: LINK

3D printed or not, I love the idea of a plastic safety razor. It won't ever corrode and it won't break if it drops. I'm really surprised that there are no real options for good quality plastic safety razors apart from the Wilkinson Classic or some vintage bakelite razors.
Phoenix have quite a few ABS Open Comb slants. They're good razors.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Superior cuts" SOTD
SOTD-YellowSc-SB-G_2024-02-17.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01 16/47
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Superior cuts (3D printed) SB 0.8
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (5)
ASL: Duru Limon Kolonya 80°

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

My first shave with the Superior cuts SB baseplate was really good. For my style of shaving — most of my strokes are buffing style and the blade never leaves the skin on the backstroke — so I like the smooth safety bars. Gotta say I'm really impressed, and I love the color! :w00t:

3D printed or not, I love the idea of a plastic safety razor. It won't ever corrode and it won't break if it drops. I'm really surprised that there are no real options for good quality plastic safety razors apart from the Wilkinson Classic or some vintage bakelite razors.

I am sure there are people who could turn to junkin short time, even a 3D Razor of Plastic Razor.

"Superior cuts" SOTD
SOTD-YellowSc-SB-B_2024-02-20.jpg

Brush: Shavemac Silvertip D01 16/47 🇩🇪
Soap: Clubman 🇺🇸
Razor: Superior cuts (3D printed) SB 0.8 🇭🇷
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (6) 🇮🇳
ASL: Duru Limon Kolonya 80° 🇹🇷

A superb shave. :biggrin:
I love this razor. :001_wub:

Iridian

Cool and slimy
@Cal I never thought I would like a plastics/printed razor, but this one looks fabulous. I am still shocked by this pink monster razor called "Naranja" from PAA, some forum members made a sport of tormenting me by mentioning that pink handle.

@Cal I never thought I would like a plastics/printed razor, but this one looks fabulous.
They're great, Iridian. But then I like LIGHTWEIGHT razors (this one [loaded and including my O Rings] weighs 17 grams]. I know you prefer heavy razors.
I am still shocked by this pink monster razor called "Naranja" from PAA, some forum members made a sport of tormenting me by mentioning that pink handle.
I like the color, orange-ish as Phoenix describe it. But I would definitely NEVER own a pink razor. :eek6:

Last edited by a moderator:

Iridian

Cool and slimy
They're great, Iridian. But then I like LIGHTWEIGHT razors (this one [loaded and including my O Rings] weighs 17 grams]. I know you prefer heavy razors.
It's time for tungsten filament, isn't it?!
The O-rings and the yellow color are outstanding, and it seems to shave nicely as well. I think I could adjust to the weight or put something into the handle! :D

"Superior cuts" SOTD
SOTD-YellowSc-SB-K_2024-02-21.jpg

Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (7) 🇮🇳
ASL: Clubman VIBR 🇺🇸

Another fantastic shave. :biggrin:
I just LOVE this gear. All is well in ZenShaveLand. :sorcerer:

"Superior cuts" SOTD
SOTD-YellowSc-SB-W_2024-02-22.jpg

Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (8) 🇮🇳
ASL: Osage Rub 🇺🇸

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
@Cal I never thought I would like a plastics/printed razor, but this one looks fabulous. I am still shocked by this pink monster razor called "Naranja" from PAA, some forum members made a sport of tormenting me by mentioning that pink handle.

PAA says it's orange for Halloween, but they're sold out. Maybe I can buy myself a pink or orange razor next fall.

(Maybe I will, but probably I won't.)

The Superior Cuts razor looks very interesting. It's more likely for me than "a Halloween Pink."

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The central part (with the handy grooves for positioning O-Rings precisely) is 12mm.

9mm x 2mm
View attachment 1802090

I ordered 75mm for both my original gray Sc and my new Yellow Sc.

Thanks, Cal.

A 12 mm handle is not ideal for me, but it's not so thin as to make the diameter a deal breaker.

O-Ring Sizes.640.JPG

O-Rings.Assortment.640.JPG

I have a handy set of assorted sizes of O-Rings. Not metric sizes, but I can figure it out.

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

Do you know what type of filament these are made of? Some materials will warp over time if exposed to water. I printed a lathering bowl recently, and it hasn't started warping yet. I ended up getting a ceramic bowl from Italian Barber just because I love the look, however.

Here's the link to the bowl on Thingiverse, for those who want to do some printing:

Top Bottom