What's new

Proraso: 10 good reasons to love it!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, have you seen any of the Proraso Single Blade Azur Lime Cream. The Wood and Spice and Cypress Vetiver are all; readily available, but no one has seen the Azur lime and it was supposed to be available again around the 6th of June. Was wondering if anywhere in Italy is having the same shortage

Dave, no trace of the Azur Lime cream yet. The rest of the products in this fragrance are all available, but the cream has not been released so far.

Dave, no trace of the Azur Lime cream yet. The rest of the products in this fragrance are all available, but the cream has not been released so far.
thank you my friend I have the Cypress and Vetyver and it is wonderful as is the Azur Lime AS Balm and Cologne.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
thank you my friend I have the Cypress and Vetyver and it is wonderful as is the Azur Lime AS Balm and Cologne.

At the moment my favourite of the trio is the Wood & Spice. I only have the (superb) cream, but I'm considering getting also the AS balm and cologne.

By the way, in the Azur Lime cologne which is the dominant scent? And does it have good longevity?

Marco, regarding the W&S, I have the AS and cologne, and both are great. They smell just like the cream, and the cologne lasts for several hours on me.

Can't help you on the Azur Lime, though, but I expect the cologne would have the longevity as the W&S.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Marco, regarding the W&S, I have the AS and cologne, and both are great. They smell just like the cream, and the cologne lasts for several hours on me.

Can't help you on the Azur Lime, though, but I expect the cologne would have the longevity as the W&S.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear! Thank you very much, Sir. :001_smile

At the moment my favourite of the trio is the Wood & Spice. I only have the (superb) cream, but I'm considering getting also the AS balm and cologne.

By the way, in the Azur Lime cologne which is the dominant scent? And does it have good longevity?
Marco when coupled with the balm I can get about 4-5 hours with it becoming a skin scent at about 3 however that depends on how much you used. The top is very much fresh lime, not sweet, but is mixed with a bergamot, and some orange as well, there is also a light spice component as well Similar to Royall Lyme, however the Lime, and Orange make is different. Very refreshing. I love it, Just hope the soap comes soon.

Used virtually all the English and many of the American creams. Many were excellent.

For my money, and at $6.50 currently a tube... Proraso! The original. My go to cream for years! Close, invigorating and clean shave.

Beautiful shave today with Proraso blue, a Mondial boar brush, Fatip razor, Floid Amber, and Proraso blue balm. The blue cream/balm and the Floid amber scents complement each other so brilliantly!

I begin to suspect, that the Proraso croap might last more than the cream. After 16 shaves, my Proraso white tub is at less than 1cm distance from the rim. More like 0.5-0.7cm. And i load it for 40 seconds and everytime i have some leftovers in the bowl. At this pace, this might go over 100 shaves. :eek: Shame i didn't keep track of the 2 creams, but being a statistics junkie, starting from the White and on, i will keep number of shaves for every new product i open.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My friends, what do you think of the newest shaving mug by Proraso? I'm tempted to get one...

saponiera 1.jpg

saponiera 2.jpg

saponiera 3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Green is my favorite of theirs and I like the knob style of handle as opposed to a loop like a coffee mug. The lion and straight razor detailing is cool. I'd be nervous that those inside ridges might be a little rough on bristles but they'd definitely help whip up a lather. It also looks plastic which isn't a problem as long as it feels solid and the price is right. I want one.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
It is made of sturdy plastic, hence it is unbreakable. Size is 11.5 cm width and 8 cm height. Price point here in Italy is about €11/12. Everything seems just right. :thumbup1:

I'm a face latherer, dont use mugs, but I must say, this looks expensive. 11€ for plastic mug, with that line across the knob, left from the mold... It looks nice, but cheap.

I agree it looks cool yet a little cheap. Strange enough in Spain is cheaper at €7.50, closer to a fair price for what it is.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I think I want to see it in my hands before judging or pulling the trigger. Thank you for your comments, Gentlemen.

My friends, what do you think of the newest shaving mug by Proraso? I'm tempted to get one...

I prefer holding the bowl from below, but i guess this is a matter of taste. What i am not sure about is whether the protrusions inside the bowl will be good for the health of the brush bristles and about whether lathering will become a bit too annoying when the brush will be banging against the protrusions constantly. I don't know, if it was a plain mug without the protrusions inside, i think i would have liked it more.

I agree it looks cool yet a little cheap.

I'm a little rough on Proraso recently unfortunately, but I have to agree, that looks really cheap and quite overpriced. Could be just me, but, I just can't see why anyone would want plastic lathering bowl to start with.

Most people are forgetting that mugs like this are not just for bowl lathering.

I'm exclusively a face latherer, but often use something similar as a "loading" mug. A mug like this is perfect for Stirling (or any other) soap samples, or soaps like Fine Accoutrements that don't come in a bowl. Plastic makes it less fragile than ceramic as well.

It is made of sturdy plastic, hence it is unbreakable. Size is 11.5 cm width and 8 cm height. Price point here in Italy is about €11/12. Everything seems just right. :thumbup1:

For €11, I think this is worth it and I've been looking to order one to bring with me overseas without worry of breaking it. I have no concerns about the interior ridges affecting any of my brushes. If it were €20-€30, it would be way overpriced, but for the cost of a cup of espresso in Rome (from what I hear) it's worth a shot IMO.

Top Bottom