What's new

Proraso: 10 good reasons to love it!

Green was my first soap when I got into wetshaving. Years and many many soaps on has only confirmed how special this soap is in my mind. I really enjoy it.

I must say I am glad i picked the cream up again. In the past I was using the green and red soaps, with no remarkable results, just average results. Now it could be that my brush, a 21mm muhle kosmo horn is not the proper size, or i was not adding enough water or product. For me it was to hard to dial in, and gave up, gave it to my father in law.
I went to our local Italian grocer to pick up some Parmigiano-Reggiano and Illy Moka Coffee for my moka pot. For 6.99 each I bough the red and green creams. For me, the cream is unmatched to the soap, i have found in the cream what I desired for in the soap, classic scent is a no brainer, the ease of lather, the slickness, the feeling, just fanastic, and the post shave feel is great. Being Italian, it really bothered me, I wanted to use an Italian product, why it took me so long to realize I should try the cream instead, who knows. but thankful.

Liked it when I first started manly-man shaving. Then is started clogging up the drain and required a monthly dose of Clorox to keep the pipe clear. (Anybody else have this problem?)

Liked it when I first started manly-man shaving. Then is started clogging up the drain and required a monthly dose of Clorox to keep the pipe clear. (Anybody else have this problem?)

Interesting. Im having to properly clean my sink every few days, as I can feel a build up. Despite hot rinsing. Didn't happen before, and I haven't tried any other soaps to know what's normal.

If I'm using a big Zenith or Omega boar, one with a 65 or 70mm loft I prefer the cream. But today I used my well broken-in Omega Proraso brush with a 57mm loft on a tub of Proraso green and it was as close to perfect as a shave can be.

Proraso Green soap has beeb reformulated. No medicine scent and lathers like a boss. Dry pack- dry brush, wet brush-wet puck.

If you dare try Marco's method then your wife can't open the bathroom door because lather will cover the rest of the house. Totally blown away and make up my mind for Proraso.

I have used the green and red Prorasos in the tube and am now enjoying the red Sandalwood soap in the tub.
This is a wonderful soap lather wise and scent wise. An Omega boar brush loaded with this soap, face lathered is heaven to me. This product is always in my rotation... it's GOOD stuff.

..and cheap stuff. The red tub is more creamy than the others Proraso and if you insist rubbing the lather a little more in your beard and wait for 2 minutes, then your whiskers will be softened and you will have smooth shave.

..and cheap stuff. The red tub is more creamy than the others Proraso and if you insist rubbing the lather a little more in your beard and wait for 2 minutes, then your whiskers will be softened and you will have smooth shave.
Good advice! I'll try it.

Proraso cream is a gem. I find the croap in the weirdly designed PLASTIC tub (with no way to close it fast) a strange one that requires too much faffing to get to a decent lather. But the cream.... oh.....the cream. Can't be beat.

Proraso has been my very first shaving cream, since I started my wet shaving experience about fourteen years ago.
I continue to use it regularly and always keep a tube of this marvellous product in my rotation.
Now, to honour it, I want to write down my "10 good reasons" for loving it.

1. Traditional Barbershop product.
With over 60 years of experience, Proraso has been the best selling shaving cream and soap here in Italy.
Today it is one of the most appreciated and respected brands all over the World.

2. Packaging.
It comes in a very nice, old-fashioned cardboard box.
The cream itself comes in a beautiful metal tube.
All very traditional, very classical, very cool.

3. Scent.
This is something very subjective.
But for me Proraso has an amazing, fresh and clean fragrance.
I love it.

4. Latherability.
Proraso is without a doubt one of the easiest creams on the market to lather up.
It just explodes it tons of rich, dense and creamy lather.

5. Slickness.
This is one of the slickest shaving creams I have found, regardless of price.
I am sure that here at B&B many other members can confirm about Proraso's amazing slickness.

6. Moisturizing properties.
Again, very high.
The cream itself does not dry out and, after using it, my skin feels wonderfully moisturized.

7. Freshness.
Since it contains Eucalyptus Oil and Menthol it is hard to find a more refreshing cream than this one.
Maybe only Castle Forbes Lime Oil can compete with Proraso on the "cooling effect".

8. Price.
Proraso is the biggest bang for the buck.
At € 1.70 per tube, I think no further commentary is necassary.

9. Availability.
Proraso, here in Italy, is available almost everywhere: supermarkets, shopping centers, local stores, etc.
Having no shipping cost, I reduce once more the price of this product.

10. Overall quality.
Proraso is an outstanding shaving cream.
I honestly think it can compare with the best of them, at the same high level.

Although that many will disagree, I think that the bowl is better than the cream. Especially the new one formulation with the lion above and not the usual stripes and none medicinal smell at all.

proxy.php

Also I liked this

proxy.php

Although that many will disagree, I think that the bowl is better than the cream. Especially the new one formulation with the lion above and not the usual stripes and none medicinal smell at all.

I received a tub of the green for Father's Day this year. I was a bit hesitant and didn't expect much which shows how snooty wet shaving can make someone. It lathered beautifully and shaved as well. The post shave feel is terrific.

I have liked it so much that I bought the matching Eucalyptus & Menthol balm and the Sensitive Balm as well. Both are excellent.

proxy.php

Also I liked this

proxy.php

Tried all the Proraso line. The green is nice and I still use it from time to time. But I always end up back with Arko.

A justified paean to a classic Marco, bravo.
All I would add is that their equivalent soap (croap) in the plastic tub with the lid - that doesn't snap closed properly - is not worth messing with. Sure you can get a lather but you need a bit of technique to succeed.
Why bother? The cream's all a gentleman needs.

I too prefer the creams. When I'm on travel I like to lather up without a brush or bowl, and that's just not a feasible option with the soap. I get a great lather with either, but the cream is a little more versatile.

Top Bottom