What's new

Proraso Blue Scent

On it's a website Proraso describes the scent of Proraso Aloe Cream (Blue) as "a modern, spicy fragrance with notes of amber and musk." I just get generic "clean, fresh" type scents with a hint of menthol along with an umpleasant note I can only describe as "plasticy or chemical" This is pretty much the way it has smelled since I bought it. Wondering if it. Wonder if there is something wrong with this particular tube.
It lathers up easily like any Proraso I've tried. But I'd love hearing from others: What do you get form the scent profile?

On it's a website Proraso describes the scent of Proraso Aloe Cream (Blue) as "a modern, spicy fragrance with notes of amber and musk." I just get generic "clean, fresh" type scents with a hint of menthol along with an umpleasant note I can only describe as "plasticy or chemical" This is pretty much the way it has smelled since I bought it. Wondering if it. Wonder if there is something wrong with this particular tube.
It lathers up easily like any Proraso I've tried. But I'd love hearing from others: What do you get form the scent profile?
You are not alone in this observation. I noted the same thing back when I used Proraso creams more so than now, and actually ended up hucking the tube if blue I had. I did the same with the red tube but I did use that one for several months until I just got sick of the overly heavy sandalwood scent.

I do, however, enjoy the sensitive and the single blade Cyprus/Vetyver creams.

Some fragrances have that “dirty laundry” vibe to them and Proraso Blue fits in that category to my nose. Razorock Mudder Focker has that too and reminds me of Proraso blue a little bit.

You are not alone in this observation. I noted the same thing back when I used Proraso creams more so than now, and actually ended up hucking the tube if blue I had. I did the same with the red tube but I did use that one for several months until I just got sick of the overly heavy sandalwood scent.

I do, however, enjoy the sensitive and the single blade Cyprus/Vetyver creams.
Glad I'm not the only one. I'm going to try to stick with it this month for the SOTMC. Sometimes I grow to like fragrances after awhile. I also like the (White) Proraso. Its neutral smelling but pleasant.

I think your tube is fine. I agree the scent is a fairly generic, synthetic modern cologne. It’s not offensive, but I don’t love it either.

I think your tube is fine. I agree the scent is a fairly generic, synthetic modern cologne. It’s not offensive, but I don’t love it either.
The Sandalwood on the other thand....that one is offensive to me. I just threw a tube out as myself and both kids couldn't handle it shaving either.

The Sandalwood on the other thand....that one is offensive to me.

I don't mind it, although it is quite a "cologney" sandalwood rather than a warm, dry one. AFAIK, Proroso is one of the few products actually using genuine sandalwood oil (or it was prior to the rise of the artisans) but I imagine the quantities are small and there's definitely an admixture of other stuff in there too. The splash smells a lot better than the soap / cream!

Some fragrances have that “dirty laundry” vibe to them and Proraso Blue fits in that category to my nose. Razorock Mudder Focker has that too and reminds me of Proraso blue a little bit.
"Dirty laundry" is an accurate description- or at least laundry that didn't quite come clean.

My sense of smell must be way off.
I find Proraso Blue to be refreshing, nothing exceptional but neither objectional.

proraso blue kent gillette sensor williams aqua velva november 29 2020.jpg

I got a tube of Proraso Blue earlier this week, and I was expecting it to smell way worse based on what I've seen people describe it as. To me it's a pretty neutral clean smell, I don't mind it. I can pick up a little musk, and I can see the cologne/deoderant description too. I definitely get the laundry powder smell, but I don't interpret that as dirty laundry, so not a bad thing. I get some light spice notes. Sometimes I can get a hint of the modern/synthetic smell, but it's pretty light. Honestly, the Proraso Green cream reminds me of laundry powder or cleaning products (that might only be becuase eucalyptus is common scent for that sort of thing in Australia). The performance of the Blue cream is quite nice (better than the Green) so the scent doesn't put me off.

Proraso Blue cream and balm have the best performance of the Proraso line, with White being a close contender - as far as scent I love it ... to me it is more of a winter or cool weather scent and smells as described. I don't really pick up the synthetic thing ...though I do with the White.
Blue seems to bring out strong opinions (or more so than the others) so this comes with the the obligatory YMMV

Its funny how everybody's "nose" is so different. I guess that's what keeps soap makers in business making a million different scent profiles.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
As do the other Proraso scents that I’ve tried (blue, green, red and wood and spice single blade). Though the red has a bit of a slight synthetic scent that I’m not quite fond of
I do agree on almost everthing. The scent of the Red (latest Super Formula) is to me quite lovely, with a pure and straight Sandalwood fragrance. The one colour that instead has never been my cup of tea is the White.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I don't mind it, although it is quite a "cologney" sandalwood rather than a warm, dry one. AFAIK, Proroso is one of the few products actually using genuine sandalwood oil (or it was prior to the rise of the artisans) but I imagine the quantities are small and there's definitely an admixture of other stuff in there too. The splash smells a lot better than the soap / cream!
I've been using Proraso Red for eight years now. The new formula smells the same to me as the old. I currently have both. The splash is fantastic.

Top Bottom