What's new

Proraso Single Blade Cypress and Vetyver - Review

A quick review of these products generously PIFed to me by midwestshaver71:

I've used other Proraso soaps (but not creams) and aftershave lotion/balm, and am a big fan of all of the Proraso products that I've used. Unsurprisingly, the quality and consistency of the lather from this cream was similar to the soaps, which I enjoyed. The vetiver scent is different from my other point of reference for vetiver, namely the Fine fresh vetiver aftershave splash, but was very nice -- it reminds me of something from a very long time ago that I can't pinpoint in my memory, as these products sometimes seem to do for me. While I enjoyed the scent of the pre-shave, I can't say for sure that it added anything to the quality of my shave. I do shave immediately after showering, which might somewhat limit the benefit of a pre-shave. The aftershave was pleasant, with a similar consistency to the Proraso white aftershave lotion. Overall a great trio, and I look forward to many more shaves with it.

Thanks again to midwestshaver71.

I was really disappointed to learn Proraso had discontinued this line; I enjoy both the scent of the Cypress & Vetyver, and the performance: excellent slickness. I've stocked up on a couple of tubes and will just use it and enjoy it over time.

Thanks for the review! :)

I got the big tube of this, and I really liked the scent and the performance was very good. I got another big tube of it, and this second tube is different. I'm not getting nearly as good performance, and the scent is different, darker. It's a shame. I quite liked the first one I got.

I was really disappointed to learn Proraso had discontinued this line; I enjoy both the scent of the Cypress & Vetyver, and the performance: excellent slickness. I've stocked up on a couple of tubes and will just use it and enjoy it over time.

Thanks for the review! :)
It's not discontinued, it's just only being distributed in certain markets now.

The single blade products are available on the Proraso USA site

Which means one of two possibilities:
  1. The line has been discontinued, but the US distributor has stock
  2. The line is only available for one market (US)
I'm of the view that it is 1. Mainly because I seem to recall it being confirmed by someone in another thread and 2 seems less probable given the size of the markets. But as my memory is not what it was, and I'd be happy to be wrong as I love the product! :)

Which means one of two possibilities:
  1. The line has been discontinued, but the US distributor has stock
  2. The line is only available for one market (US)
I'm of the view that it is 1. Mainly because I seem to recall it being confirmed by someone in another thread and 2 seems less probable given the size of the markets. But as my memory is not what it was, and I'd be happy to be wrong as I love the product! :)
It's not just the US: PRORASO Australia - https://www.prorasoaustralia.com.au/products.html

I think there is a third possibility here, and to me it is the most likely:

That Proraso rolled out the Single Blade line widely, noted its reception in different locations, and then restricted its distribution to places where it was well received.

I think there is a third possibility here, and to me it is the most likely:

That Proraso rolled out the Single Blade line widely, noted its reception in different locations, and then restricted its distribution to places where it was well received.

Yes, that is a possibility. Personally, I think that it is less likely than 1, but it can't be ruled out. I guess we'll know in the next several months which it is.

The single blade products are available on the Proraso USA site

Not the creams, they are not. Was said once those are gone, they are gone. Azur Lime and Wood is already gone, only some Cypress left. I was able to grab some bag versions on eBay, that was it.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's been inquired a few times and each time it was said for US the single blade creams are discontinued.

Still some Wood & Spice and Cypress & Vetyver up on the site

Well like I said I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. I scoured all the usual places for Azur Lime and all I could find was the 275mL bags from just one seller, who sells on Walmart and eBay.

I think it's really great product, I'm assuming Vetyver and their Wood Spice is as well. I hope they keep making it.

Not the creams, they are not. Was said once those are gone, they are gone. Azur Lime and Wood is already gone, only some Cypress left. I was able to grab some bag versions on eBay, that was it.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's been inquired a few times and each time it was said for US the single blade creams are discontinued.
This was the same response I recieved from Proraso USA. It looks like the entire line is alive and well for our Aussie friends.

It looks like the entire line is alive and well for our Aussie friends.

That seems unlikely. It is a tiny market, a long way from anywhere. It is more probable that they just have stock on the shelf long after the bigger markets have sold it all.

I was still able to buy 400ml bottles of Floid Vigoroso down here long after it was unobtanium in Europe.

Ah well, worth asking :)

In other "it's hard to get certain splashes down here" news, I just noticed mensbiz is selling Irisch Moos. Got some on the way...

Top Bottom