What's new

First 10-Week B&B Bullseye Session Starts Today, March 14, 2022

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Speaking of refusing to admit to operator error, I spent an undue amount of time installing the Tandemkross Victory trigger in my Ruger Mk III. Who needs directions?? Apparently I do. Adjusting the pre- and overtravel took longer than it should. What worked in dry fire didn't always work in live fire. Plus, I installed the new Vortex Venom red dot and the TandemKross mount. The Venoms elevation was WAY off, about 6 inches low at 7 yds. Windage off about 3-4 inch. I eventually got things close at 50 ft. Hopefully I can shoot for score this evening, otherwise I'll have to shoot this weeks score next week as I have to work the weekend. The trigger is going to take some getting used to, but I think I'll "cotton to it" in the end.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
F4EA8BBC-0770-44F9-9B7D-549D20E05861.jpeg
Final (?) iteration of my MkIII 22/45.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I tried to shoot for score last night, but the new trigger was being inconsistent with the reset, so timed and rapid fire was impossible. I'll have to fiddle with it and shoot this week's score hopefully on Monday.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I was able to shoot for score today for last week's entry. I got my trigger sorted. And the new Vortex got loose and had to be resighted in. I must have shot about 100 rounds beforehand getting it all back in order.

253-2x
Slow Fire 80 ......I seem to have plateaued here.
Timed fire 87-1X
Rapid fire 86-1X

I was able to shoot for score today for last week's entry. I got my trigger sorted. And the new Vortex got loose and had to be resighted in. I must have shot about 100 rounds beforehand getting it all back in order.

253-2x
Slow Fire 80 ......I seem to have plateaued here.
Timed fire 87-1X
Rapid fire 86-1X
That plateau might be related to fatigue. I'll post this week's scores soon.

My Thursday league score was the first that showed me doing what was supposed to happen in terms of the points made on each target. I had two flyers, no point hits, on the timed and rapid targets. The slow target had a flyer in the five ring. All the rest of the slow fire hits were in the black.

243 - 4X
  • Slow - 83
  • Timed - 81, 3X
  • Rapid - 79, 1X

Sorry about posting this a day late. I was at the NH 4-H Shooting Sports Instructors Training Camp. I am now a fully certified, 4-H Level 1 Archery Instructor. Had a great time, got a little sleep, ate lots of junk food, got lots of bug bites, and met some great people.

Here is the score sheet for our 9th weekly bullseye session. I'll put Tom's score in when it's posted.

Score Roll Up for 5-22-2022.jpg

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Sorry about posting this a day late. I was at the NH 4-H Shooting Sports Instructors Training Camp. I am now a fully certified, 4-H Level 1 Archery Instructor. Had a great time, got a little sleep, ate lots of junk food, got lots of bug bites, and met some great people.

Here is the score sheet for our 9th weekly bullseye session. I'll put Tom's score in when it's posted.

View attachment 1460790
Congrats on the certification. That should provide years of fun for you and the kids.

Good evening all,

Congratulations on your certification Bob! Really great to pass on the traditions and great to see expansion of Archery programs in particular Archery in schools in my area.

Sorry for my late post;

50-foot @ B2&B3 Targets, one hand, S&W41 w/dot

Slow - 88
Timed - 93 3x
Rapid - 86 1x

Total - 267 4x

Tom

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Someday I will give the Govt my money so I can put a can on mine.
I tell you what, a .22 suppressor is one of the best gun accessories investments I've ever made. I use it all of the time and get to shoot a lot more than I would otherwise. Worth every damn penny!

The B&B Bulls Eye League will be open for new members on May 30th, 2022. Consider the following:
  • No league fees
  • No pressure while shooting unless it is self-applied...
  • No arguing, excuse me... passionate scoring discussions
  • Lots of good natured enabling
  • Lots of positive support
  • If you don't like your three-target score... Reshoot the session until you do or until you can't hold the pistol steady...
Questions... Just reply to this thread... You'll get lots of answers...

Top Bottom