What's new

Who's interested in participating in an online .22LR Bullseye Pistol League?

Are you interested in joining an online bullseye league for B&B members?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I may shoot revolver in addition to either of my semiautos, if that is OK. I assume we can use multiple guns during the competition?
IMG_1406.JPG

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
What are the time constraints for timed and rapid fire in case we want to practice this week?

Any .22 hand gun may be used in this competition. You may use multiple .22 pistols/revolvers/single shots during this competition. You may use up to five different firearms in the same three target session.

if you have a choice, choose a firearm that likes sub-sonic ammunition. 22 LR rounds tend to tumble when they break the sound barrier. My Buckmark loves CCI Standards. CCI standards have a 40 grain, round nosed bullet and are listed at 1,070 fps out of a rifle. My 5" barrel doesn't let them get that fast.

What are the time constraints for timed and rapid fire in case we want to practice this week?
I'm going to post the full specs on this competition today. But here's a quick set of things to think about.

Each course of fire is five rounds. Never more than 5 rounds in the firearm.

Slow fire target: two 5-round sets into one target, 10 contiguous minutes on the clock - Take your time, this should be your high scoring target! It often isn't.
Timed fire target: two 5-round sets into one target, break between the two sets, 20 seconds per set
Rapid fire target: two 5-round sets into one target, break between the two sets, 10 seconds per set

Wish me luck, I'm headed to the dentist. I broke a tooth this weekend...

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I am going to have to go out and buy a Red Dot. I just hope with my astigmatism it will work for me.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Not in this time but I’ve looking for an excuse to buy a .22 pistol. I believe I just found it.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I am going to have to go out and buy a Red Dot. I just hope with my astigmatism it will work for me.

Try shooting it with irons first. Depending on how bad your astigmatism is, a red dot can be fuzzy and asymmetrical. If so, it helps to adjust the brightness of the red dot down some, the brighter the dot, the fuzzier/more asymmetric it will be. While I don't have a great amount of experience with red dots, I tend to opt for a smaller rather than a larger dot. YMMV greatly. Larger dots are great for making quick hits at close range for center of mass shooting, but less so for precise shooting, IMHO.YMMV.

Last edited:
Try shooting it with irons first. Depending on how bad your astigmatism is, a red dot can be fuzzy and asymmetrical. If so, it helps to adjust the brightness of the red dot down some, the brighter the dot, the fuzzier/more asymmetric it will be. While I don't have a great amount of experience with red dots, I tend to opt for a smaller rather than a larger dot. YMMV greatly. Larger dots are great for making quick hits at close range for center of mass shooting, but less so for precise shooting, IMHO.YMMV.
Good advice.

I have astigmatism in both eyes. My cataract surgery took care of over 95% of it in both eyes. I still see a cluster of tiny grapes instead of a single dot in my Venom Vortex reflex sight. It has a 3 MOA dot.

If someone around you has a red dot or reflex sight ask if you can take a peek through it.

I voted no. The nearest range is just over 50 miles, so time and the price of gas is prohibitive. I have a couple of guns that would be great for it, a S&W M41 and a K 22. If I had a much closer shooting location, then it would be a go.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have been shooting it with the irons. I really want to add an optic. That was the main reason I bought the Tactical, it came with rails and a threaded barrel.

I've just posted a new thread in our shooting sports and firearms forum.

First 10-Week B&B Bullseye Session Starts Today, March 14, 2022

Everything you need to start is in there.

I voted no. The nearest range is just over 50 miles, so time and the price of gas is prohibitive. I have a couple of guns that would be great for it, a S&W M41 and a K 22. If I had a much closer shooting location, then it would be a go.
I hear you. I can ride a bike to my range and with the price of gas I might be doing that when the weather improves.

Top Bottom