What's new

November 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in,
I had a very nice shave, I usually use this razor for a few days growth. It worked really really well today though with one day growth, very very close shave.
20211103_194613.jpg

Day 3, 10% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Edition
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Dandelion Green Synthetic Cashmere
Razor: GC.68 OC, Astra SP #4
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Got a brush I ordered in October. Lathered it up with MWF to give it a wash, and it easily produced a lot of lather. This is the most ergonomic brush handle I've tried so far.

For the test drive, all the other variables (razor, blade, soap, post-shave) were set to known good values.

I found this a lot more comfortable to use than boar. Got a DFS without any trouble. It's easier to rinse and dry as well. Definitely an upgrade.:thumbup:

DSCN4819_compressed.JPG

I’m in. Enough is enough.

1)FoolishMortal
2)SharpieB
3)rbscebu
4)B_R_A_D
5)sinbad11
6)Roedeer
7)Stuart Gains
8)Multum in parvo
9)Doit B
10)Kyle89
11)Heavy_Metal_Hound
12)Flintstone65
13)'Bout Time
14)Owen Brown
15)cryhavoc -GRUYERE
16)RookieGuy
17)pdietenb - GRUYERE
18)Jmp63 - GRUYERE
19) Contact_vs_Feedback
20) Southern_S
21) Balin
22) Sandorfi
23) Abz88
24)mattps1
25) FL shaver
26) kjbarth
27) sarir97
28) 12Stones
29) Lee93
30) Bobbyb
31) Tomo

linty1

My wallet cries.
Never joined this month.

Just coming in to enjoy the photos and banter, that Simpsons sale is something eh? M7 butterscotch.... and all those Chubby handles in the differ colours, and on sale! 3 band silvertip is right up my alley, but unfortunately.. I'm kinda good on brushes, not much in the want column right now. I do have one brush left in my "want" list, but it's not a Simpson.

I thought I saw a Pils razor somewhere back a few posts? Now those look interesting, how does it shave?

I never knew Palmolive sticks were discontinued... is this all of them? I do still see quite a bit being sold from India, I purchased a stick to try... maybe a year or two ago? and did like it a lot.

Stop it with the Simpson talk!! Haha. Used my Colonel this morning and although I love the knot in best, I started thinking that it would be nice to have a bigger knot in pure than my Special. Just an intrusive thought, and I'm glad other people are dealing with the Simpson spell. They must put something in the knot....

Still in! Another good SR shave in the books.

Back to work!

Day 4, no shave today, still in but this month is extremely hard.

I have been drooling on ebay lately looking for another vintage Gillette, new type or RFB or... Luckely final bidding prices were high so I could avoid them.

Tomorrow another test as Rasoigoodfellas gives a 25% discount tomorrow on everything, it's gonna be tempting.
I have not canceled the newsletters but I delete them from my inbox without opening them - peace of mind.

Tomorrow is Friday how about going for a hike or fishing = digital detox ;)

Never joined this month.

Just coming in to enjoy the photos and banter, that Simpsons sale is something eh? M7 butterscotch.... and all those Chubby handles in the differ colours, and on sale! 3 band silvertip is right up my alley, but unfortunately.. I'm kinda good on brushes, not much in the want column right now. I do have one brush left in my "want" list, but it's not a Simpson.

I thought I saw a Pils razor somewhere back a few posts? Now those look interesting, how does it shave?

I never knew Palmolive sticks were discontinued... is this all of them? I do still see quite a bit being sold from India, I purchased a stick to try... maybe a year or two ago? and did like it a lot.
Trying to temp us all huh? :lol:

Still in and still trying out my slant.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins and Brimble Face Wash
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave oil
- Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum soap

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Osma Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum Aftershave balm

Tools
- FaTip Piccolo Gentile Slant
- Sharp Star (2)
- Antica Barberia Mondial Boar

Fragrance for the day:
- Floris Santal EDT

Still in. Going to go catch The French Dispatch at the local multiplex tonight, so had to clean up first. Was getting bored with what I had been using so changed it up a bit.

C16BF584-1FF0-42D7-89E2-5282D93D5FCC.jpeg

I should use my Gem more often. This one is a Flying Wing. Good shave. Lather was made by a mixed hair brush in this vintage English Gillette handle, the soap is Arko grated into an old Fire King coffee mug. Very effective. Axe Marine, an aftershave only available in Europe but found by me at TJMaxx, finished it up. I should have bought a second bottle when this was available last year. Very pleasant mature scent with lemon, florals, and cedar.

Day 4, 13.3% complete.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Synthetic Cashmere
Razor: Rockwell 6S, R4, Vintage Personna Super Platinum Chrome #5
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid.

Sleepy again, so used the Rockwell on autopilot. The blade was still holding up OK on #5.

A good, comfortable result for minimal effort.

I bought 10 a while ago, when it looked like they were getting scarce, and still have 9. My backup disorder is a blessing in disguise.

There are plenty of soaps available that work just as well, but I do like the old-fashioned scent.

Last edited:
Still in. Great shave today with an MDC Fougere sample, amazing soap and crazy slick lather. I find the Feather Pro AC blade to be sharp so since I was shaving consecutive days, tried doing two passes today instead of my normal 3 and the end result was pretty much as close with no weepers like I got on the first 2 shaves with it and zero feedback from the alum. Think I’ll be doing 2 passes with this blade for now on.

Razor: Blackland Vector Titanium
Blade: Feather Professional (3)
Brush: Grizzly Bay Neptune Hurricane / Thäter 26mm 2-Band Silvertip (Bulb)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère (sample)
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sun Down Aftershave / Cologne (sample)

Top Bottom