What's new

My take on the Rockwell 6S

Welcome Sir :)

Your choice is very precise. Your existing choice is 6S plate#3 with Feather blade and now you choose one small notch more aggressive DE razor which is GC.84. One of my favourite !!

My congratulation for your finest choice of barber pole handle :) Another favourite !!

You'll like your new GC.84. Slim head of GC.84 will make your shave easier under nose area.
GC.84 is generally gives proper shaves with sharp to mid-sharp blades such as Gillette Platinum, Gillette Silver Blue, Gillette Nacet, Astra Super Platinum etc.. Of course your mileage may vary on blade side. Enjoy your new DE razor !!!
I use a feather blade. The .84 plate/shim was recommended to me by the folks at The Italian Barber based on my use with #3 shim in my 6S razor.

I use a feather blade. The .84 plate/shim was recommended to me by the folks at The Italian Barber based on my use with #3 shim in my 6S razor.
Sir, the advise that you received is a proper one and I am quite sure you'll like it. By the way may I propose you to use wording "Plate" instead of "Shim".

Shim is a blade with edges cutted (with scissors) of and used to make a DE razor less or more aggressive. You apply the Shim lover side of the blade (yes correct two blade in the same place) to increase the aggresiveness. And the reverse for reducing the aggresiveness. Hope to hear your toughts when you receive your new GC.84 :)

Reactions: Kix
The Rockwell 6s is a super versatile razor. I figure the GC will have a bigger blade gap than the #3 plate you’re used to. I’ve been looking at the GC too, so am interested to hear how it works out for you.

Elaborate on blade gap, please.
Blade Gaps for the GC.68 and GC.84 is just that: .68mm and .84mm respectively.
I'm surprised that they recommended you to the GC.84 based on your usage of Plate 3 on the 6s.

I personally find the GC.84 to be very effective yet smooth. I tend to prefer the Gillette Nacet or Personna MedPrep in mine.

Blade Gaps for the Rockwell 6s is as follows:
  • R1 - .20mm
  • R2 - .35mm
  • R3 - .48mm
  • R4 - .61mm
  • R5 - .69mm
  • R6 - .79mm

Last edited:
Blade Gaps for the GC.68 and GC.84 is just that: .68mm and .84mm respectively.
I'm surprised that they recommended you to the GC.84 based on your usage of Plate 3 on the 6s.

I personally find the GC.84 to be very effective yet smooth. I tend to prefer the Gillette Nacet or Personna MedPrep in mine.

Blade Gaps for the Rockwell 6s is as follows:
  • R1 - .20mm
  • R2 - .35mm
  • R3 - .48mm
  • R4 - .61mm
  • R5 - .69mm
  • R6 - .79mm
I don't know if the gaps of one brand correlates that of some other brand. And the crown of the cap figures into this as well. We'll soon see in a few days how it performs and feels.

Whatever people say as they feel right to say, Rockwell 6s is an excellent razor IMHO. This is from a user that likes shavettes very much recently.

Did my first shave today Feather with the GC .84 plate and Tabac. The blade feel was immense compared to the 6s #3. Yet the shave was closer than BBS that was formerly attributed to the 6s #3. I plan to use the blade with Tabac for another three shaves and then will change to TOBS Sandalwood Soft Milled soap and a new Feather. Then I'll do four more shaves with this combination with the GC .84. And then I'll report back to you.

Toodles.

It's been around seven hours since the GC shave and stubble is just beginning to appear. With the other setup, the 6S + #3, it was around a couple of hours afterwards.

Top Bottom