What's new

My take on the Rockwell 6S

I am a 68 year old (or young) man with the complexion of a fifteen year old and it doesn't matter if it's male or female. My face looks and appears young and soft. I presently use a MIM Rockwell 6S razor with a #3 shim, a Feather blade, Tabac and sometimes TOBS Sandalwood shave soap. I get a BBS shave every time I use it and the Feather lasts for at least four shaves.

I live in America and am half Polish and the other half a mixture of Scandinavian and Pennsylvania Dutch and I treat women properly.

I just ordered a RAZOROCK .84-P GAME CHANGER DE SAFETY RAZOR with a Barberpole handle. It seems skinnier than the 6S. Can't wait to try it and will report back soon.

I am a 68 year old (or young) man with the complexion of a fifteen year old and it doesn't matter if it's male or female. My face looks and appears young and soft. I presently use a MIM Rockwell 6S razor with a #3 shim, a Feather blade, Tabac and sometimes TOBS Sandalwood shave soap. I get a BBS shave every time I use it and the Feather lasts for at least four shaves.

I live in America and am half Polish and the other half a mixture of Scandinavian and Pennsylvania Dutch and I treat women properly.

I just ordered a RAZOROCK .84-P GAME CHANGER DE SAFETY RAZOR with a Barberpole handle. It seems skinnier than the 6S. Can't wait to try it and will report back soon.
Don't know a thing about your razor but a rather bizarre comment out of nowhere that you "treat women properly." How doe that fit into the rest of your comments? And your next post you're talking about boobs? :001_unsur

Don't know a thing about your razor but a rather bizarre comment out of nowhere that you "treat women properly." How doe that fit into the rest of your comments? And your next post you're talking about boobs? :001_unsur
Sir, absolutely not. My Amish heritage and all, no way. Previous post was reedited. Let's move on please.

Reactions: Kix
I got jealous reading about a 68 YO man with a 15 YO complexion. I'm 62 and can't claim that. o_O

Back to shaving. The Rockwell 6S will serve you well. The GC is also a great razor - very similar to the 6S.

You'll enjoy both.

Cheers.

The Rockwell 6s is a super versatile razor. I figure the GC will have a bigger blade gap than the #3 plate you’re used to. I’ve been looking at the GC too, so am interested to hear how it works out for you.

I've used both and I find the GC .84p a much better razor for my needs. It's head profile is slim and very nimble and I also shave under my nose with an absolute ease, which is something not all razors are capable of.

Reactions: Kix
I've used both and I find the GC .84p a much better razor for my needs. It's head profile is slim and very nimble and I also shave under my nose with an absolute ease, which is something not all razors are capable of.
I've recently had carpal tunnel surgery in both wrists and my grip has weakened somewhat. But handling the GC, I think I may favor it to the 6S. On the GC the barberpole handle is slimmer and features more aggressive knurling and the head profile, like you state, is slim - slimmer than the 6S but still the 6S gives me undeniably a BBS.

I've recently had carpal tunnel surgery in both wrists and my grip has weakened somewhat. But handling the GC, I think I may favor it to the 6S. On the GC the barberpole handle is slimmer and features more aggressive knurling and the head profile, like you state, is slim - slimmer than the 6S but still the 6S gives me undeniably a BBS.

It's a decent razor, but I was never able to get that wow feeling. It's just that I'm not a fan of razors with bulky heads and on top of that, the razor was still too mild for me even on plate 6 with a Feather blade and I had to go over the same areas over and over again. I don't blame the razor though, it's just not made for me.

I too enjoy shaves that my Rockwell razor is giving me. In fact, paired with plate 4 it is my go to razor in my collection. The only thing that bothers me about it (and I had a couple of related posts) is the fact that the head does not completely cover blade tabs. Funny you should mention RR GC .84 as it was the very next razor that I acquired after Rockwell. Well, I ended up disappointed, and I think you will be too, especially given that you prefer plate 3 with your Rockwell. The razor itself is fine, and the slimmer head makes it easier to shave difficult areas, such as under your nose. However, I found it a tad bit aggressive for me. With Rockwell, it's almost impossible to cut myself. It is the most intuitive, and forgiving razor that I have ever used. Again, I mentioned it before, and for me, personally, it's effortless. I don't have to think, I just shave. Not so much with the .84 GC. I used it for about a week, and every single time I nicked myself in various places. I almost gave up. But... then I decided to pick up .68 plate, and it was like night and day. In fact, I like it so much now that I frequently rotate it with Rockwell. Also, I picked up polished Yates 921 with both M and H plates very recently. I have yet to try the H plate but M gives me consistently awesome shaves, just like Rockwell does. So there you have it. Hope I could help.

+ + + 1 ^ ^ ^ ^ If the .82 plate is too aggressive, then I'll offer it for sale here.
Even if you don't like the more aggressive plate, I'd suggest to hold onto it. Who knows, maybe your tastes will change, and your skills will get better. As one gentleman on this forum told me, he too couldn't handle .84 at first but after shaving with .68 for a while, he used his muscle memory, and was able to get a very nice/smooth shave out of .84 without too much fuss. So I kept my .84 plate for now, and planning on trying it again in the future.

Last edited:
Welcome Sir :)

Your choice is very precise. Your existing choice is 6S plate#3 with Feather blade and now you choose one small notch more aggressive DE razor which is GC.84. One of my favourite !!

My congratulation for your finest choice of barber pole handle :) Another favourite !!

You'll like your new GC.84. Slim head of GC.84 will make your shave easier under nose area.
GC.84 is generally gives proper shaves with sharp to mid-sharp blades such as Gillette Platinum, Gillette Silver Blue, Gillette Nacet, Astra Super Platinum etc.. Of course your mileage may vary on blade side. Enjoy your new DE razor !!!

Top Bottom