What's new

My New Favorite Thing....I Think I'm in Love.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Have y'all seen this beauty?

proxy.php

SIG SAUER P365 9MM 3" NRA EDITION PISTOL, COYOTE TAN - 365-9-COYXR3-NRA19

AA

I wonder if the NRA will have more consistency in quality control then the regular model?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
While I agree that the striker assembly should have been swapped out, I'm not sure how that could contribute to extraction failures. I'm thinking the tight chamber in the barrel is to blame. It is demonstrably tighter than those of my Glock 19 and Kahr PM9. Of course I'm not going to mention shooting reloads in the SIG. I'm going to shoot a bunch more Federal AE 124 gr FMJs through it after a thorough cleaning. So far the pistol has 1650 factory rounds, if you can consider it the same gun after having the slide replaced.

OkieStubble

While I agree that the striker assembly should have been swapped out, I'm not sure how that could contribute to extraction failures. I'm thinking the tight chamber in the barrel is to blame. It is demonstrably tighter than those of my Glock 19 and Kahr PM9. Of course I'm not going to mention shooting reloads in the SIG. I'm going to shoot a bunch more Federal AE 124 gr FMJs through it after a thorough cleaning. So far the pistol has 1650 factory rounds, if you can consider it the same gun after having the slide replaced.

Well, since it was only one single failure to eject, are you sure it is the gun? Maybe a thumb was riding the slide?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Probably not a thumb riding the slide as I wrap my thumbs down with the support hand thumb over the strong hand thumb, pulling it even further down. I could never get comfortable with the popular thumbs forward hold. I will forego shooting reloads for awhile and shoot only factory ammo. And since it was only one single failure to extract/eject, I will hold judgement until I shoot a bunch more factory ammo through it.

OkieStubble

Probably not a thumb riding the slide as I wrap my thumbs down with the support hand thumb over the strong hand thumb, pulling it even further down. I could never get comfortable with the popular thumbs forward hold. I will forego shooting reloads for awhile and shoot only factory ammo. And since it was only one single failure to extract/eject, I will hold judgement until I shoot a bunch more factory ammo through it.

Maybe give it another cleaning before you do. I just can’t believe it’s that temperamental? I have cleaned mine only twice in 2500 rounds.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Big yes, but only around the middle, strong, meh, but not limp wristing.

OkieStubble

The eyes are only the first thing to go. :) I have also noticed as of late. while the hair thins on the head, it starts to get thicker in the nose, ears and on the back.

Might not be over the hill yet, But I am definitely on top looking down.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Fourteen US Presidents later ... it seems there is no downside on the hill; nothing gets easier. But I have a far better chance of making that 100 yard shot than making a 100 yard dash.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm beginning to fall out of love. Went to the range this AM, fired 100 rounds of Federal AE 124 gr. and 50 rounds of reloads. I had a few failures to go into battery and the back plate falling down again with the factory ammo, one failure to extract with the reloads. I will be contacting SIG in the morning.

OkieStubble

I'm beginning to fall out of love. Went to the range this AM, fired 100 rounds of Federal AE 124 gr. and 50 rounds of reloads. I had a few failures to go into battery and the back plate falling down again with the factory ammo, one failure to extract with the reloads. I will be contacting SIG in the morning.

I feel frustrated just reading this. They will most likely, switch out the gun for you after this.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Perhaps. Obviously they should have swapped out the striker assembly. I'd almost wish for them to just send me a striker assembly and let me swap it out myself, but I also feel the barrels chamber could have slightly looser tolerances, but they are probably all like that? A new gun, a new break in period, and new paper work.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
A new gun, a new break in period, and new paper work.

As daunting as that may seem, it might be the best option. I ran mine hard and fast. Looking back at it, I'm glad I did. Not to say that it won't have any issues down the road, but I have the utmost confidence in mine as a reliable tool for self defense.

Top Bottom