What's new

My New Favorite Thing....I Think I'm in Love.

Yea, I wasn't eager to fool with the roll pin on the extractor. The back plate is an obvious issue that has happened to many others, but usually after they had removed it to clean the striker. It will be interesting to see if SIG replaces some parts or replaces the whole gun.
I hate sending a gun back too! I have only heard good things about their service at sig. I bet in the end you will be happy. Best Wishes.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
A quick turn around time from SIG, my P365 should be delivered on Monday! So apparently they made some repairs on my gun instead of sending a new one, which would have had to go through an FFL. It will be interesting to see what they have done.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
A quick turn around time from SIG, my P365 should be delivered on Monday! So apparently they made some repairs on my gun instead of sending a new one, which would have had to go through an FFL. It will be interesting to see what they have done.

That's good to hear about the turn around time. Hopefully, things will be flawless after this.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So I got my P365 back from SIG yesterday. Here is what they did:

Gunsmith Comments:
Inspected pistol.
Replaced the following parts:
Slide
Extractor
Extractor Spring
Extractor Insert
Recoil Springs
Slide Cap
Lubricated and test fired 20 rds. of American Eagle 124 gr. FMJ, and 30 rds. of Speer Gold Dot 115 gr. GDHP, noting proper function with no failures.

I will take it to the range probably Friday and put it through it's paces and report back.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
So I got my P365 back from SIG yesterday. Here is what they did:

Gunsmith Comments:
Inspected pistol.
Replaced the following parts:
Slide
Extractor
Extractor Spring
Extractor Insert
Recoil Springs
Slide Cap
Lubricated and test fired 20 rds. of American Eagle 124 gr. FMJ, and 30 rds. of Speer Gold Dot 115 gr. GDHP, noting proper function with no failures.

I will take it to the range probably Friday and put it through it's paces and report back.
Full top end job. Last time I did one of those it was on my 1967 Alfa Boat-Tail Spider. Finished with 10mm cams.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm a little surprised they didn't do anything with the striker assembly, since its spring tension is what holds the rear plate (slide cap) in place. Not sure I understand the slide replacement. Maybe it was easier than refitting a new extractor assembly? Or maybe there was a known problem with some aspect of the slides that contributed to extractor failures, who knows? They tell you what they did to the gun, but not why they did it. I think they reused the original sights. I think they replaced the recoil springs just 'cause it had 1500 rounds through the gun and the recommended replacement interval is 2500 rounds. Of course they re-used the same barrel. So not a total top end.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Have y'all seen this beauty?

proxy.php

SIG SAUER P365 9MM 3" NRA EDITION PISTOL, COYOTE TAN - 365-9-COYXR3-NRA19

AA

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
No, I have not. I wish the manufacturers of polymer lower pistols would offer a dark walnut brown with a black slide.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I'm a little surprised they didn't do anything with the striker assembly, since its spring tension is what holds the rear plate (slide cap) in place. Not sure I understand the slide replacement. Maybe it was easier than refitting a new extractor assembly? Or maybe there was a known problem with some aspect of the slides that contributed to extractor failures, who knows? They tell you what they did to the gun, but not why they did it. I think they reused the original sights. I think they replaced the recoil springs just 'cause it had 1500 rounds through the gun and the recommended replacement interval is 2500 rounds. Of course they re-used the same barrel. So not a total top end.

They told you what they replaced, but not what exactly was wrong in the first place? How did we know this was going to happen? And why would they replace almost the entire upper, but keep the old firing pin assembly? I'm perplexed.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Some wise old man predicted it! I've half a notion to call them up, but I'll wait to see what happens during the next few shooting sessions, or sooner if there are any issues.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Range trip this AM with the SIG P365, Glock 19 and the Kahr PM 9. I fired a mix of reloads and factory rounds, 347 rounds total between all three guns. In reference to the reloads, two bullets were used. Having run out of Rainier plated 124 gr. truncated cone bullets, which MidwayUSA apparently has stopped carrying, I bought some Berry's brand 124 gr plated TC. Although labeled for 9 mm, the bullets were 0.356 diameter, instead of the usual 0.355 diameter. Prior to the range trip, I removed the barrels from all three guns and used them like a cartridge gauge with the 0.356 reloads. The Glock and Kahr barrels accepted the 0.356 reloads just fine, but the Sig barrel is obviously chambered tighter, as it balked when trying the 0.356 loads and they wouldn't seat flush under gravity only. I fired a magazine of these reloads in the SIG and no surprise, I had a few fail to go completely into battery, but seated with a tap on the rear of the slide with the palm of my hand. I fired 20 rounds of my other reload loaded with Rainier 124 gr. plated hollow points, which functioned without issue.
The troublesome Berry's 0.356 rounds functioned better in both the Glock and Kahr, but with one or two instances of failing to go completely into battery, but easily resolved with a palm tap to the rear of the slide. The 0.355 reloads functioned reliably in all three guns.
I fired 150 rounds of Federal AE 124 gr. FMJ though the SIG 365. ALL went well until near the end of the shooting session, there was one failure to extract with the Federal factory load! Arghh!:a52:
I'm not concerned with the FTF of the oversize 0.356 reloads, but the FTE with the Federal factory load pisses me off! I will shoot the SIG more to see if another return is warranted.
On a positive note, the SIG shot the best accuracy wise of the three. Although the Glock with the longer barrel and sight radius would normally be expected to turn in the best performance, it has those funky XS 24/7 Big Dot front sight and Express rear. I need to change back to standard iron sights on the Glock.
Shooting drills consisted of the murderous "Dots" at 4 yds., bulls eyes at 15 yds. and the plate rack at 20 yds., with all three pistols. Again the SIG P365 excelled at all three.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Range trip this AM with the SIG P365, Glock 19 and the Kahr PM 9. I fired a mix of reloads and factory rounds, 347 rounds total between all three guns. In reference to the reloads, two bullets were used. Having run out of Rainier plated 124 gr. truncated cone bullets, which MidwayUSA apparently has stopped carrying, I bought some Berry's brand 124 gr plated TC. Although labeled for 9 mm, the bullets were 0.356 diameter, instead of the usual 0.355 diameter. Prior to the range trip, I removed the barrels from all three guns and used them like a cartridge gauge with the 0.356 reloads. The Glock and Kahr barrels accepted the 0.356 reloads just fine, but the Sig barrel is obviously chambered tighter, as it balked when trying the 0.356 loads and they wouldn't seat flush under gravity only. I fired a magazine of these reloads in the SIG and no surprise, I had a few fail to go completely into battery, but seated with a tap on the rear of the slide with the palm of my hand. I fired 20 rounds of my other reload loaded with Rainier 124 gr. plated hollow points, which functioned without issue.
The troublesome Berry's 0.356 rounds functioned better in both the Glock and Kahr, but with one or two instances of failing to go completely into battery, but easily resolved with a palm tap to the rear of the slide. The 0.355 reloads functioned reliably in all three guns.
I fired 150 rounds of Federal AE 124 gr. FMJ though the SIG 365. ALL went well until near the end of the shooting session, there was one failure to extract with the Federal factory load! Arghh!:a52:
I'm not concerned with the FTF of the oversize 0.356 reloads, but the FTE with the Federal factory load pisses me off! I will shoot the SIG more to see if another return is warranted.
On a positive note, the SIG shot the best accuracy wise of the three. Although the Glock with the longer barrel and sight radius would normally be expected to turn in the best performance, it has those funky XS 24/7 Big Dot front sight and Express rear. I need to change back to standard iron sights on the Glock.
Shooting drills consisted of the murderous "Dots" at 4 yds., bulls eyes at 15 yds. and the plate rack at 20 yds., with all three pistols. Again the SIG P365 excelled at all three.

Thanks for keeping us up on what's going on with your 365 John. I have a strange feeling, Sig should have thought to go ahead and changed out your striker assembly, along with the rest of the upper they changed out before shipping it back to you.

Top Bottom