What's new

Most Overrated and Underrated razors in your collection?

Generally I don't keep massively disappointing razors , but with that said:

Over: Blackbird, R41, Schick 0, M, Fatboy

Under: Dart, Timeless Bronze, Stahly, Gibbs Normal

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Overrated: fatboys, red tips and to a lesser extent slims. Rockwell 6s (like buying a Lincoln that has two gears and can’t do over 15mph)
Underrated: super adjustable and original super speed

Most underrated for me is the Gillette heritage razor I own several De89 type razors but none perform anywhere near as perfectly as the Gillette.

Most overrated has to be My Rockwell Model T waited 3 years for it and doesn’t matter what I do I cannot get a decent shave! Either not close enough or so close I look like I shaved with a cheese grater!

Underrated: I’m tossing in the Fendrihan Mark 1 (dual comb) to go with the shout outs to the Mark 2
Also underrated (or at least barely ever mentioned) Ever-Ready 1924 Shovelhead
And why can’t Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements go out of stock on the nickel DOC? Under appreciated and better than the SLOC, by my lights. Get one while you can.

Overrated: so many already dumped on Gillette adjustables, so I am nominating any and all iKon slants.
No longer in my collection - Rockwell 6C. I appreciate that Rockwell markets well, attracts new shavers, and that many love their products. That defines overrated.

Overrated:

Muhle R41. It’s a nice razor in a way but try to shave with it 5 days in a row and enjoy it..impossible.

Feather AS-D2: this razor is not going to give a bbs that lasts many hours. If that doesn’t bother you then it is a great razor

Underrated:
Att razors

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Overrated: Fatip Grande, Fatboy... guess I don’t like razors that are “fat”. 😎 Can’t get a good shave from either of them. And both have almost a god-like status in the community.

Underrated: Occam’s DE, 3one6... not much love for either. Both shave wonderfully, and look great.

Overrated: Fatip Grande, Fatboy... guess I don’t like razors that are “fat”. [emoji41] Can’t get a good shave from either of them. And both have almost a god-like status in the community.

Underrated: Occam’s DE, 3one6... not much love for either. Both shave wonderfully, and look great.
I think the Occam falls into the too obscure to be rated at all category. I like mine too.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Overrated- Phoenix Ascension DOC SS. Experienced a bit of razor drag and seemed unbalanced.

Underrated- Gillette black handle Superspeed. Used it for 4 straight mornings while on vacation and was surprised at how well it performed. Mild, forgiving yet efficient.

Top Bottom