What's new

Most Overrated and Underrated razors in your collection?

With a few exceptions, I find most vintage razors that I've used to be very overrated compared to many modern razors. That doesn't mean that they are bad shavers, but many of them feel very mild and inefficient, because they were ment for the everyday user and they were made in the millions.

Modern razors such as Wolfman WR2 1.25, Timeless 95 SB, Blutt 1.20, Lamda Athena, Rocnel Hybrid, Charcoal Goods Gen. 3 (plate 2 and 3) also fall into that category. Decent razors, but nothing mindblowing.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
With a few exceptions, I find most vintage razors that I've used to be very overrated compared to many modern razors. That doesn't mean that they are bad shavers, but many of them feel very mild and inefficient, because they were ment for the everyday user and they were made in the millions.

Modern razors such as Wolfman WR2 1.25, Timeless 95 SB, Blutt 1.20, Lamda Athena, Rocnel Hybrid, Charcoal Goods Gen. 3 (plate 2 and 3) also fall into that category. Decent razors, but nothing mindblowing.
Since I own a couple of the modern razors you mentioned and love them, I'm wondering, which razors do you own that you consider mind-blowing? It's quite possible your whiskers and face need something a bit more efficient than mine do.

Since I own a couple of the modern razors you mentioned and love them, I'm wondering, which razors do you own that you consider mind-blowing? It's quite possible your whiskers and face need something a bit more efficient than mine do.

My most favorite razors that always give me that wow feeling are the Ti Blackbird SB and the Ti Yates 921 with the EH scalloped plate. I consider both of them to be equal, but a bit different and I'm starting to reach for the Yates more and more, but I'm not going to sell the Bird anytime soon. The Blackland Osprey, HLS Taiga and HLS Start 2 are also very good, but slightly behind the Bird and the Yates.

Of course, that's a personal preference and I'm not trying to change anyone's mind about which razors are underrated and overrated.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My most favorite razors that always give me that wow feeling are the Ti Blackbird SB and the Ti Yates 921 with the EH scalloped plate. I consider both of them to be equal, but a bit different and I'm starting to reach for the Yates more and more, but I'm not going to sell the Bird anytime soon. The Blackland Osprey, HLS Taiga and HLS Start 2 are also very good, but slightly behind the Bird and the Yates.

Of course, that's a personal preference and I'm not trying to change anyone's mind about which razors are underrated and overrated.
That confirms what I was thinking.... the more efficient razors work well for you. I haven't tried them because I seem to do well with upper mild to the lower medium efficiency razors.

That confirms what I was thinking.... the more efficient razors work well for you. I haven't tried them because I seem to do well with upper mild to the lower medium efficiency razors.

Nothing wrong with that, use whatever works for you. I enjoy razors that combine a very high efficiency, but are still somewhat mild and enjoyable. Not many razors have that combo, because in most cases, the high efficiency comes at the cost of high aggression and achieving that ''perfect balance'' is what I seek.

Top Bottom