What's new

Little white lies and the war department

There was a time that I made purchases for collections will-nilly. I blew through a lot of money then but I would never tell anything but the unvarnished truth if asked. I'm better with my money these days and if anything I hesitate more than I ought to treat myself. I'm still absolutely transparent about my purchases. For whatever reason I'd rather tell the truth and have my partner be less than pleased with me than fudge the numbers in the name of keeping the peace. The result is that everyone who knows me well trusts me, wife included. I like being that guy, and that's what life is about for me.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
If LOTH sees that parcel then full disclosure, if she does not then nothing said. I have curtailed my expenditure this year somewhat. Trying to use up what I already have. I will buy something though it is the right price and takes my fancy.

My dep doesn't care belive it or not. She knows how much its worth but its eh to her. Little white lies will have you in the dog house,best not to go down that road.

My wife is indifferent to my DE shaving. Her good points:
1. She will put my soiled razors in the dishwasher utensil rack, or my Campbell's soup cup for my hot water when it needs cleaning.
2. When I asked her what she thought of my Proraso Green and Red soaps, she replied, "They both smell like scented shaving soaps".
3. She does not object to my frequent rearranging my shaving den.
4. She does not object to my harvesting rainwater for shaving.
5. She did not object to my taking my DE stuff on any of our 5 cruises.

So, I will conclude that if I don't abuse my DE shaving, she won't object. She has put up with me for all but one year that we have been married--approaching 43 years. The one year, I deployed to Iraq as a civilian DoD worker, spouses were not allowed to come along.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Full disclosure when asked. Nothing hidden in our marriage. Deception is the Coronavirus of a marriage.

As a happily single man, I buy what I like and have only the bank manager to answer to... ;)

However IF I did have an inquisitive wife, I would most likely point to her shoe collection and ask if she really wanted to make a comparison?

I see similar questions posed on other fora, specifically watch fora, where the expenditure would be considerably higher than here. So another possible approach for anyone struggling is, at least I don't collect watches!

Good luck everyone.

Top Bottom