What's new

Little white lies and the war department

How many of you hide the real cost of items you get. Like for instance I got a box for a razor. It was 10 bucks but the war department has been on me about how much I have. I said it cost 3 bucks and increased the value of the straight an additional 35 bucks. What are all of your cover stories to others.

On a side note how many war departments know the true value of the shave den.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
We have our own “mad money” accounts with a direct deposit of the same amount bi-weekly into each. Our pay is deposited into our joint account.
No lying.
No hiding.
And we each have access to those accounts just in case of an emergency.
It works for us.

Nope. If I purchase anything it is with full disclosure to my wife. I don't understand why I would bother to hide it. First, it is always within the budget. Second, hiding purchases would never end well. I'd be pretty ticked off if she tried that with me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
I solved that problem by pointing out that the 200gram jar MdC Agrumes that I bought on sale for $50 will last two years longer than the 50gram bottle of Clarins Double Serum that I bought her for $89...........
Works with EDT's and Aftershaves too.

If I want a new razor I just stop shaving until SWMBO gives in.............

Nope. If my wife asks how much something cost, I tell her. We have separate accounts to spend from, so as long as the bills are paid and we keep the cat and ourselves fed, it's all good.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
For me it is never a problem. Never married and no children (that I know of). Now semi-retired with 2 (sometimes 3) girlfriends, but always they live on separate islands.

I'm pretty certain purchasing an Island might show up on my wife's radar.

Yeah I know. You just rent the island.

Er. . . .hang on . . . do hockey helmets stand on to cast iron pans?

I never lie, but sometimes I’m embarrassed about how much I spend. We each have “fun money” accounts that get deposits every month, and I can have more if I want. Plus my wife is happy to indulge my extravagant Xmas and birthday wishes if I give her enough advance notice. Today I sent her the specs on a polished titanium Timeless for June.

My wife has $20,000+ in shoes and purses and drives an $80k car.

I don’t spend as much on clothes or cars, so what I do spend is on music gear or shaving gear.

She doesn’t question it, nor would she. It’s soap and razors, there’s no reason for her to think my purchases even come close to hers, and indeed they don’t.

As a married man, I can now fully appreciate Marshals/Tj-maxx/Ross. The wife sees the new AOS creams or scents and I just flash that red sticker. Those stores have saved marriages for some of us I’m sure.

Currently, I'm making significantly more than my wife, but I am the frugal one between the two of us. My wife has probably 50 pairs of shoes and thousands of dollars worth of clothes. My wife never looks at prices or budgets, just impulse buys at will. I won't lie, it has caused issues in the past but she knows I don't spend money on impulse things. If she asks what I bought and how much, I tell her. We have been in financial struggles before when one of us wasn't exactly forthcoming with how money was being spent, and now that we have kids that is simply not an option.

My father in law is the type that will start with one little lie, and 17 lies later trying to cover the initial lie, everyone figures out the truth and it has all hit the fan by then.

Top Bottom